No announcement yet.

Car b q!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took the Car B Que to the local car show last night, and don't cha knowit, we won a trophy for best graphics or flames!

Comment

Had both of the Car B Ques aout to a show last weekend!
      Rat Fink Car Show in Acton, Ca.
      Nice turnout. 55 Car-B-Que, just waiting on the seat pads from the Upholstry shop.

65 Mercury Monterey Car-B-Que.

Comment

OKAY!!! Went to the DMV to register the Car-B-Que.
        Was told to take it around to the back to the verification area.
        All my papers were in order and they just wanted to verify everything worked.
        The lady steps out from the door, walking looking at her clip board.
        I noticed that when she looked up, she stopped, paused, shook her head,
        turned around and said "I gotta go get smeone else"
        After that, all the DMV employees came out one, by, one and took photos of the Car B Que.
        Finally when I was back inside, paid my fee and received my plate, the office manager came over to me.
        He says "are you going to build more of these?" I said yes, the next one is going to be a
        Tempanyaky table, he muttered as he rolled his eyes,
        "ohhhh we're gonna have to rewrite the book"
        DUDE! Get a grip, I'm gonna build a whole fleet of these! LOL!!!

Comment

So... is it registered as a trailer, or what?

When you say they wanted to make sure, "everything works," are you talking about the BBQ grill, umbrellas, or things like trailer lights, brakes, etc.?

We don't have to register trailers here, unless they are commercial... which, most likely, is the cubbyhole your Car B Q should be placed in. <G> (Assuming you are selling BBQ, or a place to sit to eat it.)

Love what you are doing, BTW!
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

i would think registered as a trailer.

i remember as a 5yr. old "yout" in 1960, our extended family moved from ky to so-cal. my grandma bought a, ahem, "mobile home" (single wide) in a retirement community in ontario, ca. it had a license plate that had to be renewed each year even though the wheels were off the ground and, after a few years, would have certainly broke in two if moved...
            she passed away in '85. dad sold the trailer to some "immigrants" with cash... no longer a "retirement" park by then...

i also love the "Q"...
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Sir, it is now registered as a trailer, with a
              $38 fee every 5 years.
              My comment about making sure everything works,
              that means, the brake/tail/turn signal/stop/license lights.
              The AM/FM/CD Player, the (naturally) grill, the lights for the umbrella,
              the plug additions for the cColeman cooler with the fan attachments.
              and when it is ready for the Fresh water and grey water tanks, it will have
              a stainless steel sink with a pump on demand.
              So thereby "everythiing works" and now has a title so if I want to
              sell it.

Comment

If you thought this was a good idea, it's now on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1955-...item2eb7872773
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

$59.95???? Guess that's what the reserve is for, but that sure seems like a low starting bid.

Really love it!

Comment

Originally posted by BobGlasscock View Post
                    $59.95???? Guess that's what the reserve is for, but that sure seems like a low starting bid.

Really love it!
                    This could be one of those "first time listings" trial baboons with a very high reserve just to establish a value point.

I am thinking that someone who is a serious BBQ restaurateur with a catering business (in the right market) could do well with this type of machine. What a great draw for festivals that include car shows, high school reunions, etc.
                    John Clary
                    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                      This could be one of those "first time listings" trial baboons with a very high reserve just to establish a value point.

I am thinking that someone who is a serious BBQ restaurateur with a catering business (in the right market) could do well with this type of machine. What a great draw for festivals that include car shows, high school reunions, etc.
                      You are correct, Ebay was a test,
                      I did not really want to get rid of this one, it was my "first".
                      And I did draw some resturant interest.
                      I appreciate all those who like the Car B Que.
                      I now have a new "Project"
                      Just aquired a 1960 Valiant 4 door. comes with a running slant 6 and 4 on the floor.

Comment

Pics of the finished project.

Here are some ipics of the Car B Que in use!

Comment

Working...
                        X