• Show
Clear All

• "Eyes On Designs 2011" Car Show at Edsel Ford House

Eyes On Design car show this weekend at
    (see link for complete article)

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...sign-2011.html

(copy)
    EYES ON DESIGN 2011

CarsEyesOn Design carEyesOn Designvehicles Among the featured categories this year are:
    offering an up-close retrospective of the innovative design of such major independent manufacturers as Studebaker, Packard, Hudson, Nash and others.
    The Forward Look: Changing the Game, which highlights the longer, lower, wider designs debuted by Chrysler in 1957, which caused some manufacturers to scrap their upcoming designs and start over.
    Extreme Makeovers: Leaping into the Future, which showcases the automotive designs that went beyond evolutionary styling changes and stepped boldly into the future with a total design makeover.
    Stock to Rock 2001928 Murray-bodied Ford sedan fresh from years of storage in a barn, displayed next to a 1928 Ford hot rod for comparison.
    -A 1934 Ford Custom once owned by brothers Benson, William Clay and Henry Ford II.
    -A one-of-a-kind 1962 Chevrolet Corvette convertible created as a styling exercise by General Motors
    -A national award-winning 1967 Pontiac GTO, Tri-Power four-speed in gleaming Tiger Gold paint.
    - one of several Boss Mustangs featured.
    -A much-modified 1974 Austin Mini Detroit Institute of OphthalmologyKen Lingerfelter, builder and purveyor of racing, customizing and performance parts, builder of specialty automobiles and serious collector of exotics, Corvettes and muscle cars. In fact, the famous Lingenfelter Collection www.eyesondesigncarshow.com
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

A truely great show. I took our '50 Champ Starlight Coupe there in 2003. I'm a late fill-in this year (called a week ago) as a fellow club member had to cancel.
    This year's show will have about 39 Orphan Cars amoungst the 250 mostly concours cars. Our car will lead the Studebaker-Packard group in the three grouping "Independance Day" class. Next to our car will be a '53 Commander, a '58 Golden Hawk, a '59 Lark, a '63 Avanti and a '64 daytona Convertible. The other two ID classes are: Hudson-Nash-Ramblet and Kaiser-Frazer-Willys. An "Extreme Makeover" class will have 11 pairs of cars. I know of a '52 Champ Sedan that will be parked next to a '53 Champion (what a big difference indeed!).

It's supposed to be a 83f day. Come on out and spend your Father's Day with us on the shores.

Cheers, Harv
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

Comment

I note that they take pains to state to not call the Continental a Lincoln and then they refer to the Imperial as a Chrysler.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Hi Harvey. Robin + I (and both boys) are bringing the '64 Daytona Convertible to the show. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. Should be a lot of fun.
        Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Daytona Hardtop
        1962 Champ Truck
        1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Gents,

We had a great day at this event. Neil with his '64 Daytona and I + 6 other Studebakers were part of the 200+ car show.
          A link to the Monday Detroit News on-line story is below. Of the 25 pictures taken by the articles author, 3 were of our cars.

Regards, Harvey

http://multimedia.detnews.com/pix/ph...yes/index.html
          StudeBakerHarv
          * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
          * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

Comment

Working...
          X