Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California parts yard selling Studebakers

There is a guy on ebay (item #110071425473). I sent him this:
    "I am in michigan so the shipping costs would PROBABLY be unacceptable. I have a very rusty 1961 Studebaker Hawk. I am interested in body parts, for sure (because shipping would be cheaper). I may be interested in a whole car if the price is right and I can get it shipped reasonably. Can you either send me a list of your Hawks or revise your eBay listing and list them there. If that is too hard, can you tell me how many Hawks you have and the price range for them: I may be interested in hiring a multi-tier car hauler if there is a way to load them. As for parts, if you are selling parts, I need both fenders and both doors. Thanks."

His response was this:
    I am no longer putting any time into these cars more often than not. I jump through hoops and get no response so what up is what up.
    Bob

He obviously wants people to buy cars even though he will not tell them what he has for sale. I am at a loss about people like this. Anybody out there near this guy/place:

M & M Products
    10376 Lilac Road
    Oak Hills, CA 92345
    P: 760-956-1159

If so, let me know if you are willing to go out and take an inventory of what he has in the way of Hawks. Maybe we can make somekind of package deal on this stuff, because I think with his laziness in making some sort on inventory, all this stuff will end up in the crusher.

Oak Hills is just north of Rialto / San Bernardino. Anyone in a local
    chapter can get over there? Los Angeles is just a short trip even.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Oak Hills is just north of Rialto / San Bernardino. Anyone in a local
      chapter can get over there? Los Angeles is just a short trip even.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: 97 Z28 T-56 6-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
      '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
      Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
      I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

I was given a lead on "NOS Studebaker parts" in a junkyard about 80 miles from me. I called and inquired. I got some little gum-popping young gal who professed to have a new grille for a '61 Hawk.
        I asked if that was the extent of the new Stude parts and the answer was yes. "But," she said - "there's a '61 Hawk sittin' out in the yard. It's been sitting there for years. That's how I know what this grille fits, 'cause it was in a box in the front seat!"[:X]

Further inquiry got me the yard owner on the phone. He basically said he didn't know nuthin' about them old cars out there. They were just THERE when he bought the yard not too long ago. He was gonna look on ebay to find out what they's worth!"[]

End of interest..........[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I was given a lead on "NOS Studebaker parts" in a junkyard about 80 miles from me. I called and inquired. I got some little gum-popping young gal who professed to have a new grille for a '61 Hawk.
          I asked if that was the extent of the new Stude parts and the answer was yes. "But," she said - "there's a '61 Hawk sittin' out in the yard. It's been sitting there for years. That's how I know what this grille fits, 'cause it was in a box in the front seat!"[:X]

Further inquiry got me the yard owner on the phone. He basically said he didn't know nuthin' about them old cars out there. They were just THERE when he bought the yard not too long ago. He was gonna look on ebay to find out what they's worth!"[]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Is it the same yard I spoke of in Oak Hills,CA?
            quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Is it the same yard I spoke of in Oak Hills,CA?
              quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

If the yard was eighty miles from Biggs' house, then, no. See, Mr Biggs' place is several hundred miles from the San Bernardino/ Rialto area.

And whomever said that Los Angeles is just a short drive from San Berdoo, has not driven the route in the last twenty years or so. LA is only sixty or seventy miles from San Berdoo, still it'll take you four to six hours to get there. That's only if there's no accidents too! Traffic from Bakersfield south is really... bad.

Okay, Both Google maps and MapQuest agree on this one. The property is located out in the desert near Victorville CA, between Phelan and Hesperia. It's just the other side of the mountains behind Los Angeles. The property is about a mile or two from the I-15 freeway. Judging from what I could see on Google Earth, the property has at least twenty vehicles of various sizes. Coupes, Sedans, pickups etc... It's impossible to tell what kind. They could be Studebakers or Fords from what one can see. So, anyone in the Inland Empire chapter?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

If the yard was eighty miles from Biggs' house, then, no. See, Mr Biggs' place is several hundred miles from the San Bernardino/ Rialto area.

And whomever said that Los Angeles is just a short drive from San Berdoo, has not driven the route in the last twenty years or so. LA is only sixty or seventy miles from San Berdoo, still it'll take you four to six hours to get there. That's only if there's no accidents too! Traffic from Bakersfield south is really... bad.

Okay, Both Google maps and MapQuest agree on this one. The property is located out in the desert near Victorville CA, between Phelan and Hesperia. It's just the other side of the mountains behind Los Angeles. The property is about a mile or two from the I-15 freeway. Judging from what I could see on Google Earth, the property has at least twenty vehicles of various sizes. Coupes, Sedans, pickups etc... It's impossible to tell what kind. They could be Studebakers or Fords from what one can see. So, anyone in the Inland Empire chapter?

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

The place I was talking about is in Oildale - on the north side of Bakersfield. If I'd kept the info, I'd gladly share it. As it was I just tossed it once I spoke to the yard owner.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe

Comment

The place I was talking about is in Oildale - on the north side of Bakersfield. If I'd kept the info, I'd gladly share it. As it was I just tossed it once I spoke to the yard owner.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                      1960 Larkvertible V8
                      1958 Provincial wagon
                      1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I drive 110 miles a day just to get to work ... so LA is just a short
                        trip to San Bern. 60 miles? Oh please. 4 to 6 hours? Depends on
                        when you drive it - I have made a complete circle around LA in just a
                        few hours. Santa Barbara to Fullerton to Torrance to Northridge. Go
                        at lunch time and not a chance - try mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Or
                        if the yard is open on Saturday .....

Tom

Comment

I drive 110 miles a day just to get to work ... so LA is just a short
                          trip to San Bern. 60 miles? Oh please. 4 to 6 hours? Depends on
                          when you drive it - I have made a complete circle around LA in just a
                          few hours. Santa Barbara to Fullerton to Torrance to Northridge. Go
                          at lunch time and not a chance - try mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Or
                          if the yard is open on Saturday .....

Tom

Comment

Sunday morning - early - that's the best time to get anywhere in the LA area. Weekday mornings and afternoons are a bitch! I'm SO glad I don't live down that way anymore!

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Sunday morning - early - that's the best time to get anywhere in the LA area. Weekday mornings and afternoons are a bitch! I'm SO glad I don't live down that way anymore!

Miscreant adrift in
                              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                              1960 Larkvertible V8
                              1958 Provincial wagon
                              1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X