No announcement yet.

Day/Night Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall a family member having a 1938 MG SA many years ago that had a built in hydraulic jack at each wheel. You could activate any of the "jacks" with a button on the dash... now that was convenience! (course you tended to get more "flats" in those days)[8D]
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I recall a family member having a 1938 MG SA many years ago that had a built in hydraulic jack at each wheel. You could activate any of the "jacks" with a button on the dash... now that was convenience! (course you tended to get more "flats" in those days)[8D]
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

I believe day/night mirrors were available as far back as '53 and anti-glare mirrors even earlier.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I believe day/night mirrors were available as far back as '53 and anti-glare mirrors even earlier.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote: I believe day/night mirrors were available as far back as '53 and anti-glare mirrors even earlier.
            Here is a picture of a non-glare mirror for 53 from the book Studebaker's Finest by John Bridges. This mirror was also shown in the famous photo of Raymond Loewy by a 53 Starliner at the test track.

Comment

quote: I believe day/night mirrors were available as far back as '53 and anti-glare mirrors even earlier.
              Here is a picture of a non-glare mirror for 53 from the book Studebaker's Finest by John Bridges. This mirror was also shown in the famous photo of Raymond Loewy by a 53 Starliner at the test track.

Comment

My 61 Hawk has a anti glare rear view mirror, mounted on the dash.

Wayen K.
                Libby, MT
                61 Hawk (Project)

Comment

My 61 Hawk has a anti glare rear view mirror, mounted on the dash.

Wayen K.
                  Libby, MT
                  61 Hawk (Project)

Comment

The new Subaru Forester has the hill holder from what I have heard. A guy called into car talk once asking about it, apparently it can't be turned off by the user. The caller found it annoying and was advised to go to the dealership and have it shut off...

Spence Gaskin

Comment

The new Subaru Forester has the hill holder from what I have heard. A guy called into car talk once asking about it, apparently it can't be turned off by the user. The caller found it annoying and was advised to go to the dealership and have it shut off...

Spence Gaskin

Comment

Here is the information of Subaru's Hill-Holder including diagrams of it.
                        http://www.drive.subaru.com/Spr03_HillHolder.htm

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Here is the information of Subaru's Hill-Holder including diagrams of it.
                          http://www.drive.subaru.com/Spr03_HillHolder.htm

John Clements
                          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                          Lockleys South Australia
                          John Clements
                          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

My 51 Champ convertible had a flip type "Glare-proof" mirror that was mounted on the dash bracket for the standard mirror.I purchased it at a local swap still in the original Studebaker box.It was a big honkin thing with a heavy chrome frame & the glass tipped independently inside the frame when the lever at the bottom was activated I'm sure it was factory but for what year with the dash mounted rear-view I can't say.Perhaps another member has a example to post or a accessory book.

Comment

My 51 Champ convertible had a flip type "Glare-proof" mirror that was mounted on the dash bracket for the standard mirror.I purchased it at a local swap still in the original Studebaker box.It was a big honkin thing with a heavy chrome frame & the glass tipped independently inside the frame when the lever at the bottom was activated I'm sure it was factory but for what year with the dash mounted rear-view I can't say.Perhaps another member has a example to post or a accessory book.

Comment

The 66 Cruiser I just sold has an original day/night mirror. I will be sorry to see it go. If I had been thinking I would have made the deal so that I could keep the mirror for the next Lark type I have.
                                "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                                X