No announcement yet.

When was the last time you used one of these

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, my Grandmum was the one that used the ciggy collector. As for the spouts, I have one myself, somewhere. Oh, and bedwarmers? They have a handle about two feet long on them. Sometimes the brick holder would detach. Most of them were stationary though.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Sorry, my Grandmum was the one that used the ciggy collector. As for the spouts, I have one myself, somewhere. Oh, and bedwarmers? They have a handle about two feet long on them. Sometimes the brick holder would detach. Most of them were stationary though.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Just the other day, a neighbor that's moving away asked me if I wanted some cans of oil he had in his barn. Sure! Anything for free! So now I can once again use some of MY oil spouts I havfe lying about.
        Truth is, I've got other oil dospensing devices as well and one of them I still have occassion to use. It's a quart bottle with a spout that screws on after you fill the bottle with oil. Having bought some of the 5-quart plastic jugs of oil, I use the jar to dispense a quart or half quart as necessary.

Just yesterday I sold a swingspout oilcan on ebay. This type you'd fill with oil from a shop pump/resevoir and then carry it to the car. Once over the engine, you swing the spout downward and let the oil flow into the engine. I paid a buck for it at a garage sale and got Five and change on ebay.

BTW, no one mentioned that the skinny spout's for tranny fluid![^]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Just the other day, a neighbor that's moving away asked me if I wanted some cans of oil he had in his barn. Sure! Anything for free! So now I can once again use some of MY oil spouts I havfe lying about.
          Truth is, I've got other oil dospensing devices as well and one of them I still have occassion to use. It's a quart bottle with a spout that screws on after you fill the bottle with oil. Having bought some of the 5-quart plastic jugs of oil, I use the jar to dispense a quart or half quart as necessary.

Just yesterday I sold a swingspout oilcan on ebay. This type you'd fill with oil from a shop pump/resevoir and then carry it to the car. Once over the engine, you swing the spout downward and let the oil flow into the engine. I paid a buck for it at a garage sale and got Five and change on ebay.

BTW, no one mentioned that the skinny spout's for tranny fluid![^]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with you on the skinny spout, StudeBob.

That was used to puncture and dispense a can of STP Gasoline Treatment into the customer's tank before a fillup. [^]

Believe me, when you work in one of the wealthier Indianapolis suburbs in the mid-1960s, all those Doctors and Lawyers pulling in for a tank of Super Shell in their Cadillacs, Buicks, and an occasional playboy-oriented 421 2+2 Catalina convertible, [u]need</u> STP Gasoline Treatment! [:0] ....Especially when the sale nets you a 10% commission that will help you put $5 worth of Super Shell in your own Tahiti Coral '59 Lark V-8 Power Pack Hardtop waiting on the corner of the lot to take you home when the station closes at 10PM on a hot summer's night! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I respectfully disagree with you on the skinny spout, StudeBob.

That was used to puncture and dispense a can of STP Gasoline Treatment into the customer's tank before a fillup. [^]

Believe me, when you work in one of the wealthier Indianapolis suburbs in the mid-1960s, all those Doctors and Lawyers pulling in for a tank of Super Shell in their Cadillacs, Buicks, and an occasional playboy-oriented 421 2+2 Catalina convertible, [u]need</u> STP Gasoline Treatment! [:0] ....Especially when the sale nets you a 10% commission that will help you put $5 worth of Super Shell in your own Tahiti Coral '59 Lark V-8 Power Pack Hardtop waiting on the corner of the lot to take you home when the station closes at 10PM on a hot summer's night! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Eevery body seems to be avoiding the item on the left. It looks to me to be an omelet pan. I wish I had one.

Comment

Eevery body seems to be avoiding the item on the left. It looks to me to be an omelet pan. I wish I had one.

Comment

Hey, I don't even collect this crap, but I found this oil paraphernalia in my garage...

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Hey, I don't even collect this crap, but I found this oil paraphernalia in my garage...

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

I can empathize with that galvanized dispenser.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I can empathize with that galvanized dispenser.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

Comment

I just picked up one of those at the auction on Saturday along with three old pump style oil cans and a 1 quart squirt can that you pressurize. All for the princely sum of $1.00.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I just picked up one of those at the auction on Saturday along with three old pump style oil cans and a 1 quart squirt can that you pressurize. All for the princely sum of $1.00.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

On my second visit to San Diego, in 1968 I think, I checked out my roster and visited Marvin Sudebaker. He was geavily into Stuebaker and other cars, and his wife collected clothing of the vintage of the various cars.
                                They also collected kitchen implements and had ones of the sutable size hanging from the area where the wall and celing met on their enclosed porch.
                                The got harder to indentify as one moved away from the interior door, moving CCW. I got maybe 10% of the way around the porch.

Marvin, career Navy, was gone by the time I moved here.
                                I sure wish that I had visited them during my visits to my family pther times. Great folks.

Karl (I'll mention them in my talk, you can bet.)

Comment

Working...
                                X