Show Today, Only One Other Stude "Relative" in Attendance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Today, Only One Other Stude "Relative" in Attendance

No other Studes at the show, but 'Sheba's three times removed step-aunt, Miss Prissy Packard was there:

Other observations of today's show, as shared in another thread:

"'More than the normal number of comments today about how far, "Ahead of its time," Studebaker design was.

Then, there was the fellow that 'splained to me how Studebaker took their engines out of the oven, and buried them in sand, in order to allow the earth's magnetic field do some sort of something, which made the blocks tougher than anything else known to exist.

But, I most enjoyed visiting with the nice lady, that after 'splainin' to me how far Studebaker was ahead of the times, commenced to tell me the story about her brother totaling their parents' 1965 Studebaker El Presidente'.

We both agreed it was a shame that that happend, and were both grateful that her brother was not injured, 'cause, "He was just a young fellow at the time."

"How rare would that car be today?!," she asked.

"Well," I responded, "I've loved old cars and Studebakers for all my life. I've been attending car shows for as long as I can remember. More to the point, I've been to more Studebaker specific shows and meets than I have fingers and toes to count 'em on, and I have yet to see a 1965 Studebaker El Presidente'!"

"Boy," she says, shaking her head, "That's rare. I can only guess what it would be worth today."

"Me, too, boy howdy!!"'
    Last edited by Studedude; 05-14-2011, 07:21 PM.
    sigpic
    Dave Lester

That's PURDY!! Thanks for sharing Dave

Jim
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

well, at least in the show i went to today, there was a near perfect looking '63 avanti.
      of course, all the trophys (over 50), went mostly to furds and ch*vys, with a lot of double trophy winners. that includes a tee-ota matrix.
      rant over - carry on...
      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
        That's PURDY!! Thanks for sharing Dave

Jim
        Thanks, Jim... my pleasure!

OH... BTW... today, 'Sheba was in disguise as a 1954 Studebaker Starlight 2 door sedan.

(There was no class she fit into, other than either '49-54 Sedan, or "Special Interest," which I don't think applies.)

Don't know why they didn't have a '49-54 Coupe class, 'cause they had a class for earlier coupes.

Oh, she did quite well, thank you very much. <G>

Hey, she has a sedan-like kinda B post, ya can't deny that, can ya?
        Last edited by Studedude; 05-14-2011, 07:16 PM.
        sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
          well, at least in the show i went to today, there was a near perfect looking '63 avanti.
          of course, all the trophys (over 50), went mostly to furds and ch*vys, with a lot of double trophy winners. that includes a tee-ota matrix.
          rant over - carry on...
          Understand what you are saying, Corvant.

I suggested that the sponsering club might want to open up their classes a little. It's not that I have to have a trophy from every show I attend... I don't. There are always nicer cars than mine at any show I attend, I know/accecpt that.

But... I would at least like to have a shot at earning something, as oppossed to being treated as though my car, and others of the same breed, don't exist.

Or... as I stated to the sponsering club member that made the silly mistake of asking what I thought..., "Well, I would like to think that those of us that bring cars to your show might have a shot, even if they are not Fords or Chevys."
          Last edited by Studedude; 05-14-2011, 09:41 PM.
          sigpic
          Dave Lester

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
            Understand what you are saying, Corvant.

I suggested that the sponsering club might want to open up their classes a little. It's not that I have to have a trophy from every show I attend... I don't. There are always nicer cars than mine at any show I attend, I know/accecpt that.

But... I would at least like to have a shot at earning something, as oppossed to being treated as though my car, and others of the same breed, don't exist.

Or... as I stated to the club member that made the silly mistake of asking what I thought..., "Well, I would like to think that those of us that bring cars to your show might have a shot, even if the are not Fords or Chevys."
            totally agree!!! happy that SDC is looking at "original survivors" now.
            didn't mean to attempt a hi-jack. that packard is a beaut!!! how about a few pics of your starliner sedan?
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
              totally agree!!! happy that SDC is looking at "original survivors" now.
              didn't mean to attempt a hi-jack. that packard is a beaut!!! how about a few pics of your starliner sedan?
              Last edited by Studedude; 05-14-2011, 09:54 PM.
              sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
              X