63 Avanti R2 Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
    PB the R3-4 heads are a completely differant configuration on the center runners ----you missed my point completely.
    Fair enough, point missed.
    pb

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
      Just interested to know, that if you have a dual quad manifold on a Stude engine does the manifold's runners match the standard Studie R2 heads or do the heads have to be R3 B heads which have a wider spacing on the middle two runners.
      The spacing is the same....width wise on R3 manifolds. However the center ports have a round pipe plug screwed in that blocks the heat riser passeges(in the heads). The R3 end ports (main branches) are much different than standard heads.
      The ports are much much taller and if you tried to bolt up a R3-R4 manifold to stock heads, the ports would be uncovered and it wouldn't run!!!
      There are aftermarket R4 LOOKING manifolds made to fit standard heads, but, they are not R4 just because there are two 4 bbl carbs.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
        The spacing is the same....width wise on R3 manifolds. However the center ports have a round pipe plug screwed in that blocks the heat riser passeges(in the heads). The R3 end ports (main branches) are much different than standard heads.
        The ports are much much taller and if you tried to bolt up a R3-R4 manifold to stock heads, the ports would be uncovered and it wouldn't run!!!
        There are aftermarket R4 LOOKING manifolds made to fit standard heads, but, they are not R4 just because there are two 4 bbl carbs.
        Thanks Brad, that's the answer I was looking for.
        Brian Greenall
        Melbourne, OZ
        sigpic

Comment

I understand the frustration of trying to locate an original R2 engine or even finding out the disposition of it. My Avanti 63R-2333 came with engine RS-1591. I've been seeking info for two years now about whether this engine still exists or not. Haven't gotten a clue yet.

Originally posted by ken-renda View Post
          I recently bought a 63 Avanti R2, 4 speed, that has undergone several engine changes over the years, and no longer has a correct R2 engine and have traced the original sale in 1963 to the present; it was once an R4 and it spent most, if not all, of its life in or around Harrisonburg Va. A frame off will be started this winter and the plan is to return it to bonafide R2 status if the parts can be found. At this point I need a salvageable R2 motor and its associated supercharger parts. The original engine is RS-1519 but there little hope of finding it. Please let me know if you can help. Ken, Deltaville Va
          edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
          X