Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drove my Lark for the first time in nearly 15 years:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff T.
    replied
    No it sat in the barn for 15 years, it sat in the shop for two months. The shop owner worked on it beause some of his employees have never worked on a car without power accessories and a computer

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff T. View Post
    Got a call from our family mechanic today that they were finished repairing and getting my Lark hardtop street ready.
    Jeff T.
    That's good news, Jeff, but I'll admit to be amused by your post.

The thread title says, "Drove my Lark for the first time in 15 years," and your first line reads as above.

I couldn't help but think, "Geeze, you mean the guy has had it 15 years for repair?" <GGG> BP

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    replied
    Repairing the brakes was nearly 2/3 of the total bill. My mechanic used the rebuild as an excuse to buy the proper puller to get the rear hub & drum assembly off because they were stuck good In the near future I have to send one of my spare AS carbs off to T-bow for a proper rebuild.

When I parked the Lark I could fill the tank for less that 20 dollars, now... geez

I'll be driving and fixing for a while now... I'll get the right side fixed around, drive it for a while then work on the left side floor I put a 61 hood on it and some day I'll get to building a ram air scoop on what may be one of the world's slowest hot rods Flames on the nose signify speed, would icesicles signify slow?

I'll get picture or two ASAP

Jeff T.

Leave a comment:

• Tahiti Coral
    replied
    Awesome! We love pictures here.

Make sure that mechanic has gone through the brakes carefully on a car that has sat so long. I have had two old cars that the brakes have totally failed due to brake lines rusting out. (I pulled the parking brake) At the bare minimum make sure your e-brake works.

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Congratulations its a great feeling being with an old friend.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff T.
    started a topic Drove my Lark for the first time in nearly 15 years:)

Drove my Lark for the first time in nearly 15 years:)

Got a call from our family mechanic today that they were finished repairing and getting my Lark hardtop street ready. I had parked the car in the late 1990s and it sat in the barn until sometime last spring. I picked up the Lark, put 61 dollars of regular in the tank and headed out to my parents acreage. Drove down Nebraska highway 2 at a healthy clip, the six sounding like it was propelling the Lark faster than it actually was, doing 55 and thinking the Lark was doing 65 or 70... window down, having a great time. Got out to the acreage and found some pieces of I'll use to patch the lower wheel well.

Later I drove around the acreage with my daughter who again told me that the little blue lark was going to be her car someday.

I later pulled off the right rear fender for some body work that I'll get to tomorrow or Sunday... It was great driving my Lark again.

I have other things to fix... the steering was loose, I need a new antenna, I need some seat covers... but it is now a running and functiioning car

Jeff T.
Working...
X