clutchless shifting option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shiftless option on Auto. Trans. ?

Interesting but, have any of you noticed that the last 11 posts do NOT in any way relate to Paul's question?
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I think you're right about that bumper! What an eye!

Comment

So Paul (dickeedee), have you actually SEEN this Car, so you could tell if it has a Clutch & Manual Trans. or an Automatic Trans.?

Yes the total Bumper & it's Guards are all upside down, the angle on the ends should have told someone that it does not match the wheelwell opening angle.
        Last edited by StudeRich; 05-13-2011, 01:52 PM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I see the whole ass'y is upside down! I'm going to see the car tomorrow. i don't know what to expect...rubber bands?
          my 1st car was a black '57 hawk...259 3 sp/od dual exhaust. I've been looking for a few years for another one.
          My Dad worked at the Studebaker plant in Hamilton for years, so most people that came to visit us had some pretty cool Studebakers.
          Nothing like a ride in a brand new Daytona convertible!
          Anyway, I wrenched them as a kid , and ended up being a licenced mechanic.
          So, I'm kinda anxious to see this one.

Comment

Rambler E-Stick

I had a 62 Rambler American that had an option called an E-Stick. No clutch, but you were required to shift the gears. My first wife took her driver test on it in 1967, really confused the guy giving her the test.
            Check out what the AMC guys have to say about it.

http://www.amcyclopedia.org/node/17240
            Last edited by billmdonn; 05-13-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Ack! sounds like a mechanical nightmare! Where do these guys come up with this stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                Y...........I know speed shifting and power shifting are considered the same........ Perhaps a local thing. ..................
                When it was important to me in the 60s the car mags seem to consider speed shifting as done with the gas pedal on the floor and using the clutch (quickly) and power shifting was done by yanking HARD on the shift lever at full throttle and no clutch.
                2:55 here
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkcO7...eature=related

To facilitate the abuse the synchro sliders had alternating teeth removed or "slick shifted."

Then Lenco came out with their clutchless design

Comment

Working...
                X