Studebaker people turn up everywhere!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker people turn up everywhere!

The plastic case for my Craftsman socket set wore out, so I went to Sears (Eastpoint, Dundalk, MD) to get a replacement.
    I commented to the cashier that I thought of a way to slow the loss of my tools (From other people 'borrowing' them) 'I'll just lock them in the trunk of my Studebaker.'
    Her response: 'Yea, that'll wo. . . You have a Studebaker? We do too!'
    It seems her father-in-law (I think I got that right!) has an MG, a Corvair, and a '64 Studebaker! She made me promise to bring my car to the store so she could see it.

Studebaker folk turn up in the darndest places!

Very true, but did you get a free replacement for that worn out plastic tool box?
    Joe Roberts
    '61 R1 Champ
    '65 Cruiser
    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Wednsday afternoon I took the GT Hawk out on a parts run, on the way to the parts house I stopped for gas. While I was filling up, a guy in a pick-up stoped next to me, got out to look over the Hawk, asked a couple questions about it, then said his brother is a Studebaker guy. I asked what is his brothers name, and he answered, You wouldn't know him, he doesn't live around here. I asked his brothers name again, then he told me Jack Vines. He was right, I don't know him, but I know of him. The world gets smaller every day.

Comment

You can afford to FILL UP? WOW.! NT
        Neil Thornton

Comment

When your gauge lies like mine does, you can't take any chances.
          Last edited by Pat Skelly; 05-14-2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Skelly View Post
            Wednsday afternoon I took the GT Hawk out on a parts run, on the way to the parts house I stopped for gas. While I was filling up, a guy in a pick-up stoped next to me, got out to look over the Hawk, asked a couple questions about it, then said his brother is a Studebaker guy. I asked what is his brothers name, and he answered, You wouldn't know him, he doesn't live around here. I asked his brothers name again, then he told me Jack Vines. He was right, I don't know him, but I know of him. The world gets smaller every day.
            Pat I hope you were thinking quick enough on your feet to really throw a curve a Jacks brother by replying "Oh yeah, Jake lives over in Spokane...doesn't he?"
            Good Roads
            Brian
            Brian Woods
            woodysrods@shaw.ca
            1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
            X