That green '64 Hawk just on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That green '64 Hawk just on eBay

Did anybody on the forum bid on this car? It didn't meet reserve even though being bid up to $18K. I sent the seller three emails during the auction, each with "Your '64 Hawk" in the "Subject" line, and the third one I asked for his phone number, and never got a single response of any kind to any of them. This despite the listing that gave his email address and stated he would answer questions as quickly as possible. Frustrating.

Bill Pressler
    Bill Pressler
    Kent, OH
    (formerly Greenville, PA)
    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
    All are in Australia now

It's usually best to click on the "ask seller a question" link. That way, you use the ebay system so all correspondence is tracked. Also, the seller will get the email in his regular email box, plus an indicator on his eBay home page that he has a question on the item that he can click on to respond to, plus the message in his ebay "my messages" folder.

Some people's email have very aggressive spam filters that end up filtering out lots of non spam also. That could be what happened to your emails.

Is this the car?....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...QQcmdZViewItem

One of those rare 4 door Hawks [)]

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's usually best to click on the "ask seller a question" link. That way, you use the ebay system so all correspondence is tracked. Also, the seller will get the email in his regular email box, plus an indicator on his eBay home page that he has a question on the item that he can click on to respond to, plus the message in his ebay "my messages" folder.

Some people's email have very aggressive spam filters that end up filtering out lots of non spam also. That could be what happened to your emails.

Is this the car?....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1964-...QQcmdZViewItem

One of those rare 4 door Hawks [)]

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Yes, that's the car. Another friend said I should have handled the questions that way, too. Ended up at more than I wanted to bid, anyway, but...live and learn I guess!

Bill
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Yes, that's the car. Another friend said I should have handled the questions that way, too. Ended up at more than I wanted to bid, anyway, but...live and learn I guess!

Bill
          Bill Pressler
          Kent, OH
          All are in Australia now

Comment

If anyone else is thinking of bidding on this car, be advised that the air conditioning was not factory installed; it IS aftermarket...or at least after South Bend assembly! BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

If anyone else is thinking of bidding on this car, be advised that the air conditioning was not factory installed; it IS aftermarket...or at least after South Bend assembly! BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

He's looking for 25K, no one here will bid that.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert
                63 Lark 2 door
                62 Lark 2 door
                60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                59 3E truck
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

He's looking for 25K, no one here will bid that.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

It's a pretty car. I actually like the green, although I would guess it's way down the list on most people's favorite car color. The color will make it harder to sell.

OTOH, I don't like the fact that everything on the firewall was painted when they painted the car (windshield wiper motor, brake fluid reservoir, etc.) This is generally the sign of a quickie, inexpensive paint job.

Dick Steinkamp
                    Bellingham, WA

Comment

It's a pretty car. I actually like the green, although I would guess it's way down the list on most people's favorite car color. The color will make it harder to sell.

OTOH, I don't like the fact that everything on the firewall was painted when they painted the car (windshield wiper motor, brake fluid reservoir, etc.) This is generally the sign of a quickie, inexpensive paint job.

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob, what makes you say that? Looks like a Stude AC unit to me, of course they weren't actually factory installed but most people wouldn't know that.

Jeff DeWitt
                        Jeff DeWitt
                        http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

Bob, what makes you say that? Looks like a Stude AC unit to me, of course they weren't actually factory installed but most people wouldn't know that.

Jeff DeWitt
                          Jeff DeWitt
                          http://carolinastudes.net

Comment

Jeff, are you trying to say, that you have inside information that Studebaker sublet the AC installs to a local A/C shop? [:0] [?]

I always thought that some WERE ordered to be factory installed (and WERE!) and many more (maybe most) were "Dealer" installed AC kits, especially those with the wrong front springs.

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

Looks like a Stude AC unit to me, of course they weren't actually factory installed but most people wouldn't know that.
                            StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Jeff, are you trying to say, that you have inside information that Studebaker sublet the AC installs to a local A/C shop? [:0] [?]

I always thought that some WERE ordered to be factory installed (and WERE!) and many more (maybe most) were "Dealer" installed AC kits, especially those with the wrong front springs.

quote:Originally posted by JeffDeWitt

Looks like a Stude AC unit to me, of course they weren't actually factory installed but most people wouldn't know that.
                              StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X