Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64 champ on Omaha Craigs list (Gretna, NE)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64 champ on Omaha Craigs list (Gretna, NE)

Gretna actually, a town to the south and west of Omaha

http://omaha.craigslist.org/cto/2371696549.html

the seller states: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This truck is definately not perfect but runs great. It has 57 thousand ORIGINAL (as opposed to unoriginal miles) miles with an inline 6 under the hood. Runs like new but might need a little cosmetic work. It has a manual 3 speed overdrive transmission on the column, it's a 2 wheel drive but gets around good. $2000 OBO call or text at 402-206-4444

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like the usual rust on the right front fender... I'l love to get another Champ but too many other things going on right now

then again it is an 8E if it is a 64

Jeff T.
    \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
    The Replacements.

I do not see "ORIGINAL miles" in the listing/ad.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It appears to be Omaha Orange in color....how ironic. Anyway, was orange available to the public or was it only available to government agencies and municipalities? There is also a 1962 Champ on Ebay this same color although the exterior was repainted gray.
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Gary, I see it in the middle of the first line. "Original" is in all caps on my screen when I view the ad.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
          Gary, I see it in the middle of the first line. "Original" is in all caps on my screen when I view the ad.
          That is strange. I just went back to the link provided and "original" does not show up in the ad.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            That is strange. I just went back to the link provided and "original" does not show up in the ad.
            I cut & pasted the text here. What about the other all-upper-case words? Are they missing as well?

Craig

email this posting to a friend omaha craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner
            please flag with care: [?]

miscategorized
            prohibited
            spam/overpost
            best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
            1964 studebaker champ - $2000 (Gretna,Ne)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Date: 2011-05-09, 5:09PM CDT
            Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This truck is definately not perfect but runs great. It has 57 thousand ORIGINAL miles with an original inline 6 under the hood. Runs like new but might need a little cosmetic work. It has a manual 3 speed overdrive transmission on the column, it's a 2 wheel drive but gets around good. $2000 OBO WILL TRADE FOR A RUNNING FOUR WHEELER call or text at 402-206-4444

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Comment

Original

Gary, I just went back and viewed the ad for the third time( first was before it was posted here) and ORIGINAL has been in it every time I've read it.
              \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
              \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Are you other people using the link provided at the beginning of this thread?

I just went back for the third time and not only "original" is not there, but the "will trade for a running four wheeler" is also not there.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I see everything you are not seeing Gary. Through the original link at the top.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Are you other people using the link provided at the beginning of this thread?

I just went back for the third time and not only "original" is not there, but the "will trade for a running four wheeler" is also not there.
                    I do believe you. Some time ago I posted a link to a website, either on this Forum or the old Newsgroup, and it turned out some were not able to view it in its entirety. It would be interesting to determine why yours is filtering out the all-upper-case words, though.

Craig
                    Last edited by 8E45E; 05-11-2011, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X