X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Production Statistics now available

AVANTI PRODUCTION DATA

MONOGRAPH NOW AVAILABLE

The long-awaited document analyzing production Avanti statistics has been published and is now available from The Studebaker National Museum. George Krem, with the able assistance of his computer-expert brother-in-law, Dr. Bryan Hendricks of the University of Wisconsin. The research was then compiled and assembled by Studebaker National Museum Archivist Andy Beckman. It has been packaged in an interesting, color, 50-page monologue now available from The Studebaker National Museum. (Andy had the very first copies available at the May South Bend Swap Meet, so a few people have them who were in South Bend May 5/6/7/8.)

The Table of Contents www.studebakermuseum.org888.391.5600.Note: The clear plastic cover in the photo above was distorted when I photographed the monologue; the photo below the clear plastic is bright and sharp.)
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Can't find it on their website.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

It's not posted on the website yet. I called and ordered a copy. They're already out of them but are in the process of printing more and should be ready within a couple of days.
      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I received mine in the mail on Tuesday. I really enjoyed reading it. The section with the service letters was even interesting to read.

Nick

Comment

Another book to add to the library!
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Picked mine up at the South Bend swap meet
            Well woth the money

Comment

Just ordered mine through the website store. Just go to books, and it is the first one listed. The total cost was $39.50 including shipping.
              John
              1963 Avanti R2
              Marshall, VA

Comment

Just called and ordered mine over the phone. Shipping costs are high but I can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

I purchased the Studebaker Avanti Production Data a couple of weeks and have enjoyed it cover to cover several times over. Having used the Corvette Black Book for similar information about my Corvette it is a welcome to be able research the same type data for my 1964 Avanti R-4986, R2.

For example AM/FM radio was only available in 1964. My car is one of 106 Avanti’s that had the AM/FM radio ordered and factory installed. 52 of those were in the R2 model Avanti’s.

Of the 809 1964 Studebaker Avanti’s produced 164 were equipped with a 4-speed and 95 of those were R2’s.

Of all 1963 and 1964 Studebaker Avanti’s produced 4,649, 1,211 were equipped with the 4-speed. Of those 738 were in R2’s.

The only information I could not find was how many Avanti’s were equipped as mine is with an ordered rear axle of 3.31.

The Studebaker Avanti Production Data contains countless data that can be used in all kinds of ways. The Sales Letters and Service Letters provide additional valuable information.

I would rather have it offered in an electronic media format. I find it a must have addition to Avanti Library.

Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
                  Fort Worth, TX

Comment

'Glad to hear everyone is enjoying it. I was at The Studebaker National Museum today (Friday, June 3) and spent some time with Andy Beckman. He said these Avanti Production monologues are in stock and selling well. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Dittos to what Bob said. I'm glad to finally see the research material in print.....I did the research a number of years ago, but for various reasons, publication was delayed. I donated everything to the museum, so I won't be able to buy that new yacht and sail the Mediterranean from the profits. (Not that I'd want to...Studes are more fun.) 'Hope the museum does well on them.

George
                      george krem

Comment

Originally posted by R3 challenger View Post
                        Dittos to what Bob said. I'm glad to finally see the research material in print.....I did the research a number of years ago, but for various reasons, publication was delayed. I donated everything to the museum, so I won't be able to buy that new yacht and sail the Mediterranean from the profits. (Not that I'd want to...Studes are more fun.) 'Hope the museum does well on them.

George
                        George - THANK YOU for your continued work for Studebaker, SDC and SNM. Two of your SDC Presidental terms were while I was an SDC Director.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I remember those years well, Gary....it was nice working with you. 'Hope you enjoy the Avanti Monograph.

George
                          george krem

Comment

Will any of these make it to the SDC International Meet in Springfield?
                            Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                              Will any of these make it to the SDC International Meet in Springfield?
                              Tom
                              'Don't know why not. The Studebaker National Museum usually has a display selling all manner of goods. This is a natural for that venue. BP

Comment

Working...
                              X