I like the way this person did his front clip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mercury. 1949 I believe.
    Last edited by Gary1953; 05-10-2011, 06:33 PM.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

If this were 1960 and we saw this in ROD & CUSTOM, Studebaker was still building vehicles. Those of my generation would be agog. Of course, it would probably have an American flat head V8.
      Time has a way of tempering our appreciation.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I don't think it's a Studebaker with a Toyota engine, but rather a Toyota with a Studebaker body. A Toyota with a Studebaker body is an improvement over a stock Toyota.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I tend to agree with sweetolbob. I like it. and that Toyota 4 banger will surprise you.

Comment

That looks to be an old carb'd 22R (not a toyota expert) to me, don't know why they didn't use at least a later fuel injected engine. Prolly just what they had laying around. I imagine the whole chassis is the same early 80s toyota.
            Travis..

Comment

I didn't even give it a look when I passed by it on ebay. But now that I have seeen the rest of the pictures, I can only say it is a typical bodyman's dream. Tons of good looking work here in customizing the body. That box must have been a mountain of hours. But like most bodymen that build cars (& trucks) the engine compartment & the upholstry leave a lot to be desired. Body and paint just don't match the rest of the build.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                I didn't even give it a look when I passed by it on ebay. But now that I have seeen the rest of the pictures, I can only say it is a typical bodyman's dream. Tons of good looking work here in customizing the body. That box must have been a mountain of hours. But like most bodymen that build cars (& trucks) the engine compartment & the upholstry leave a lot to be desired. Body and paint just don't match the rest of the build.
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Good call on the body shop stuff, couple that with the mess under the hood I wonder what other shortcuts were taken underneath all the purties.

as for the dont say nothing if you cant say nothing nice,, I would not with good conscious allow any of ya buy a pile of junk thinly disguised with some bells, whistles, smoke and mirrors. If that means being not so nice, fine, I can live with that. (not saying thats a pile of junk either, but it is questionable.)
                http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like the truck except for a few minor things, it would be a great driver, and very dependable. ( have a 87 Toyota pickup 5spd, w/245xxx miles that is very fun to drive,mine's an EFI.) so the engine is great in that pick up. Now he could at least polished or chromed a few things under the hood and not been too carried away with the spray bomb. The bed is useless except to maybe to stand on. body lines are accepted in most cases, so it could use a lift hatch or even a tonneau cover.Most mods are nice, but that steering wheel has to be thrown in the trash.
                  as for the shifter handle, he should have bought a can of silver paint. As much as i like Studebaker trucks, i'd drive my $1500 87 Toyota w/AC before paying 36+K for that truck. I do like the looks of the truck tho.
                  101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

It is definitely not to my tastes but, I can see a LOT of hours put into it. One part that is very disappointing is the way the tranny cover is made. It looks like a teenager with no money did it. It could have been sculpted better with perhaps some cup holders or a place to mount your laptop. Neal
                    Last edited by Neal in NM; 05-11-2011, 07:24 AM. Reason: too rude

Comment

Working...
                    X