Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the way this person did his front clip

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1950-...item2310ac4f0f

I do not like the idea of using Toyota, but who knows. Perhaps this works well and performs great.

I saw a Toyota powered bulletnose once at a Zone Meet in Gering, Nebraska. It was well done, and the owner reported that it cheerfully ran 80 MPH at 25 MPG.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Roy, not funny! You might post a warning. That kind of rude shock to the nervous system early in the morning before coffee can ruin one's whole day!

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

i can appreciate the skills needed to fabricate this...
        but it's fugly!!!
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Lots of body work in that truck. Nice for a novelty item, but what's it good for? That steering wheel looks like a good way to get someone hurt.
          As far as the engine...maybe. I think I now understand how hard it was for the old timers to give up their 4 bangers to the flathead V-8s and then change to OHV engines. The Toyota 4 looks out of place to me, but could be a fine power plant for a fun truck.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
            i can appreciate the skills needed to fabricate this...
            but it's fugly!!!
            Well!!! I guess I remain the cult of one. I like the concept, neat paint and a ton of creative body work. I'd stop at this one for a long look. A different opinion of the interior, However.

Bob

Comment

That's a pretty steep price tag for a Studebaker truck that's only about 15% there. it would just take too much work to restore it.
              '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

"Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

Comment

I kinda like it, well some of it anyway. It looks like a cobbled up disaster under the hood though.
                http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

^^I agree, they could have spent some real time under hood making it at least look presentable. The shifter also sticks out as being unfinished, it is raw steel with heat marks where they bent it. You would think they'd have chromed it. One other little nit, it almost looks like the doors were painted seperate from the rest of the truck, the "effect" isn't the same between the doors and the cab.
                  Travis..

Comment

I just hope that wasn't a good truck when it was started !
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I like most of it, but I did a very similar build with my truck except I used a S-10 with 4 cyl and 5 speed. Not much power but it is good on gas.

Comment

My mother always told me that if I can't say something good about something or somebody, then don't say anything. Nuff said.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by raprice View Post
                          My mother always told me that if I can't say something good about something or somebody, then don't say anything. Nuff said.
                          Rog
                          i understand what you're saying, and as i said, i admire the skill to fabricate this - BUT, the front end is a bit much... between the lights, grille and bumper, might have been better with maybe 2 of the 3. i think it's the mopar looking headlights that did it for me.
                          i also wondered if there was anyway to use the bed for anything, like storage...

like eyes and ears, most people have an opinion or two...
                          besides, i've been in a p!$$y mood today, maybe that's it... and, growing up in socal in the '60's i've seen my share of mods. most i loved, some not so much...
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Not my usual cup of tea, but I have to say I like it, not the Toyota bit but the rest, somehow works for me.
                            To me I would have liked if the backed opened like a trunk, but it doesn't.

Comment

How many reckonised the dash. I think it will take somme of us aged guys to know the answer.

studedick from the lower Ozarks

Comment

Working...
                              X