Correct wheel color for 1958?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct wheel color for 1958?

Does anyone know the correct wheel color for my 1958 President. They are currently silver. I 'm going to have the wheels media blasted and painted and obviously want to paint the correct color. Thanks Jim R
    Jim Rostron

The correct color for my 1958 Golden Hawk was body color. Not sure about a President though.

Comment

I am sure they should be body color. Here is a pretty one!
      Attached Files

Comment

'58 Wheel Color

All 1958 Models with the standard 14 in. Wheels, were off-white from the factory, these nice examples are re-paints.

There were special orders with 15 inch wheels, which MAY have been different colors.

It is odd though that '57's were body color and so were '59's, but it must be that they ordered the 14 inch wheels from Budd Corp. already painted, or took what they had in stock for Ramblers which were White.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Rich,
          Are you saying that the 14" Rambler wheels fit Studes? Would these be the same ones used on the Packard Hawks?
          Carey
          Packard Hawk

Comment

Yes, of course. I own the loaded Black '58 President Sedan that was used as a Demo/Executive Car by the Owner of the Dealership my Dad worked at, and it is absolutely Original with the 14 inch OFF WHITE (Ermine) Wheels that all models of SP used, I am the second owner since 1968.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

1958 White

I believe the correct shade of white for 1958 was (is) Parchment White, a cream colour.
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Parchment is just a bit different from Ermine, and ditto Astra, later Canadian wheel white and so forth. RayLin Restorations on their website has comments with pictures and modern colour formulae or perfect modern paint matches on quite a few colours, including some of those whites. I was very happy to learn from them that Glendale Green from 57 is an exact match for a 93? Ford Ranger colour.

Comment

I have 15 inch wheels that were on the car from the factory. I think I'll paint them the car color. Thanks Stude Rich.
                  Jim Rostron

Comment

Rich , how 'bout showing us a pic of your 58 !
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by mnmfive; 05-09-2011, 01:20 PM. Reason: trying to insert image
                      Jim Rostron

Comment

Working...
                      X