Comfort Suites at South Bend zone meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfort Suites at South Bend zone meet

I'm not happy! My wife and I are unable to to spend the entire weekend at the zone meet, we tried this morning to cancel our hotel reservations for Thursday and Friday nights. I was informed that there is a 14 day prior cancellation deadline and we will be charged for our room. In my phone reservation nor in any printed material was this information conveyed. I will contest this with my credit card company. I would ask that when a chapter or the National make these types of agreements with a hotel they print it in the meet information.

Comfort Suites management was arrogant and said the airlines do it all the time, they overbook, they sell tickets with no refund or date change. I explained that I know that going in, the manager said he it wasn't his responsibility to notify me of the cancellation policy.

If someone wants the room for those nights, it is available. I'll never stay in a Comfort Suite hotel again.

Joe Bacon
    sigpicIt is an addiction!

When has this changed from the 24 hour notice of cancellation. 14 days come on ?! whats this world coming to.
    Tom
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't know about the cancellation policy, but I knew that the Comfort Inn group allowed overbooking. When I ran the Super 8 in Farmville, VA we could only book up to 90% of our rooms. The Comfort Inn just down the road was told to over book by 10% counting on some no-shows. When they had too many guests show up they were supposed to find them comparable accommodations nearby. The problem was that Super 8 was the only other decent motel in the area and if Comfort Inn was full so were we.
      I always thought that the Super 8 policy was better. Unfortunately, greed drives many corporate decisions now instead of treating people how you would want to be treated. At the time I was with Super 8 our cancellation deadline was 6PM the night of the stay. If you are that busy, you will rent the room that night.
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I just took over a room from one of our forum Members at the Comfort Suites (South) a couple of days ago. I was told that I had a 24 hour cancellation for the room just like any hotel. Phone back and talk to the Manager. That is total and utter BS.

Allen
        1964 GT Hawk
        PSMCDR 2014
        Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
        PSMCDR 2013
        Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

I feel your frustration. In the name of customer service
          I think they should work with you, maybe a credit for another night etc.

Their website say's each hotel is indeed different, but 14 day's seems a bit excessive. and Looking over my summer plans (72 hours) was the largest time required for a reservation cancellation.

Also to Note for those traveling as we head to SDC Springfield. Read closely the deals on the internet pricing, (hotels.com, Expedia and the like)
          Some of the "special" pricing is non refundable no matter what!
          Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM.
          61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

There are more than one way to book hotel rooms . I think if you talk directly with the hotel when booking you have that day before cancellation policy but some of these on line booking places work different .....could this be the way you booked your hotel originally ?
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

You need to call again and will more than likely get some one else on the phone, try again to adjust, if still nothing go higher up they don't want this kind of service as a norm, bet the guy was the problem.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Just for clarity, I booked the room a month ago by phone directly with the hotel,not a 800 number. I talked to the desk this morning and after being told I would be charged I talked to a manger. He was the one who said "airlines do it all the time". My next call is to corporate.

Comment

When we made our reservation we were told that their policy was a 2 week cancellation notice was mandatory or your credit card would be charged.
                  Frank van Doorn
                  Omaha, Ne.
                  1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                  1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                  1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

The issue has been resolved and we will not be charged for the room. In no way was this issue directed towards the Michiana chapter, those folks do a wonderful job every year at the spring meet.

Comment

Different properties have different rules even within a chain of motels. I worked for a management company and we were under a uniform set of guidelines, but the manager had some room to make exceptions. Some properties were owner operated and had to meet company standards, but policies about various things were different. I remember the son of an owner/ manager bragging to me about turning down reservations on some really busy weekends so he could charge 4 times the regular rate to people who came in late in the evening. He thought it was smart and I thought it was pure greed.
                      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

They ocercharge at that location anyway.. that is why I'm up north at the Microtel!
                        Hope to see you there next year Joe (not at the hotel BUT at the meet)!

Comment

I got an email confirming my reservation that i made many months ago last week and it showed a 24 hour cancel option in the email, it did not say anything about 2 weeks
                          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
                          1961 Hawk 4-speed
                          1967 Avanti
                          1961 Lark 2 door
                          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Hey, uncle Miltie,
                            If you are attending the meet, why did you send all of those parts down to me for deivery to SB??
                            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Working...
                            X