Richard Lotter Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Lotter Auction

I saw the VanDerBrink auction ad in the latest turning wheels and went online to check it out. There are some nice cars there and it seems like Dick's collection ran the gamut of condition & collectability.

I sure wish that the listings on the website were a little more detailed and had higher resolution photos. We all know how somewhat rough cars can look really nice in photos. Does anyone here have intimate detail of some of the cars on the auction block??

Van DerBrink will usually put more & better pix up on their site when it gets closer to auction time. Sure wish I coud attend!
    Last edited by TX Rebel; 07-21-2011, 09:41 AM.
    Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Hi i'm Richard Lotter's grandson and i can get you any information you need it and better photos

Comment

I already bought a pickup so I am out of the market, but if you want to post links for other lurking here than please feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardLotterGrandson View Post
          Hi i'm Richard Lotter's grandson and i can get you any information you need it and better photos
          Any recommendation for motels/hotels if someone is traveling a distance for it? Doesn't seem to be that much around there.
          \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Here's the link to the auction site:
            http://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/a...2&allimages=NO
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Photos are all screwed up just me or is it like that for you also?
              John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

Most of the photos opened just fine for me and even enlarged when clicked, a couple refused to open.
                There are some very nice cars in the collection. I did wonder though, what is there about that huge industrial looking building or wherever they were stored in the cold Illinois winters that caused most of them to have moldy seats and door panels? Leaky roof?

The last page showed a two tone Blue '57 Commander 4 door, a Turquoise Green and White '57 Commander 4 Door, a Gold '57 President 4 Door (W Body), and a Maroon and White '56 President 4 Door (W Body) with Overdrive, should be a 289 and had a 2 Brl. a nice looking non-original color car.

These are not the high dollar cars most average people cannot afford, like the nice '57 Golden Hawks they have, that you can always easily find for too much money. A nice across the board selection of cars in the collection.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Those types of buildings "sweat". WE have high humidity and pretty wide fluctuations in temps in Illinois. It is common for cars to mold if they are stored in that type of building. The solution is to open the doors, or use some type of dehumidifier, on those days when the building sweats.
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

The photos all are in a negative form for me all black & white and distorted a little.
                    John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

Comment

What does the sale offer as far as parts? Are they going to be listed in numbered lots with good descriptions or just informally sold at time of sale?
                      Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
                        What does the sale offer as far as parts? Are they going to be listed in numbered lots with good descriptions or just informally sold at time of sale?
                        OT: Mr. Barry'd did you get my PM about buying more of those washers like I bought from you in Springfield??? Please PM me to discuss. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by snowy_buffalo View Post
                          Any recommendation for motels/hotels if someone is traveling a distance for it? Doesn't seem to be that much around there.
                          Guess grandson doesn't really want to help after all. Haven't heard any response to this request nor to the PM I sent him.
                          \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                          \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Working...
                          X