Central IN NB 1964 Daytona Convert on trailer 4/29/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central IN NB 1964 Daytona Convert on trailer 4/29/2011

OK, who had the sharp 1964 Daytona convertible on the open car trailer northbound out of Indianapolis on U.S. 31 about 4:50 PM Friday afternoon, April 29? 'Didn't even catch the tow vehicle (a large pickup truck) I was so focused on the car.

Kind of a maroon color (non-stock; might have passed for Bordeaux Red) with white top. Beautiful condition; obviously a show car. Headed for South Bend a week early? BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

checked the title folder..........not mine

Sounds perfect though.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Bob , was it kind of a redish brown color?
      Also did you notice the Cruiser overlay on the trunk lid ?
      Last edited by 2R5; 05-01-2011, 08:21 AM.
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
        Bob, what did you do? I hope you just know the owner, otherwise there are support groups who meet on Tuesdays to help people who are spending their family's inheritance on Studebakers all the time, you know.

Comment

No , no Dave !
          I've got my problem under control now <g>
          ......................It just that there was a '64 sold up here at auction lately that fits Bob's discription.

But thanks for all your concern though !
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, thank goodness. You look like you have sense, but one never knows. Now... back to the quest at hand: Who bought a new '64 Stude Convertible and had the nerve to flaunt it under the nose of BP right in his own back yard?

Comment

I'm disappointed in you BP, you should have jumped in your car and chased it down with a camera in hand!
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I can understand the frustration, Milaca. When I was on my way to meet Bob Petersen in St. Paul I was passed by three Studes in a convoy. I was driving a brand X with a trailer and they must have thought I was crazy the way I had all toes and thumbs pointing skyward. Frustrating. Like seeing a UFO. "Take me with you!"
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Yes and yes.

So what's the story?

I had just entered U.S.31 southbound and caught the car long enough to have a good look at it, even though it was going the other way.

I had no camera with me and turning around to chase it down was out of the question...as aanyone who travels U.S.31 north out of Indianapolis on Friday afternoon during rush hour well knows! <GGG> BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Probably heading back to the factory in South Bend for evaluation after extensive engineering tests in the desert southwest! <G>
                    Frank van Doorn
                    Omaha, Ne.
                    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Bob , heres a pic of the car I think you saw.

It went across an auction in Toronto the 1st weekend of April . Its probably on its way to its next owner. It looks alot better then it really is ...there are frame issues along with color and other conditions, it is a driver at best. It was forsale up here for over a year with no buyers. The previous owner is sitting behind the wheel in this picture...Mark Ward a Hamilton Chapter member.
                      sigpic

Comment

Bob , heres a pic of the car I think you saw.

It went across an auction in Toronto the 1st weekend of April . Its probably on its way to its next owner. It looks alot better then it really is ...there are frame issues along with color and other conditions, it is a driver at best. It was forsale up here for over a year with no buyers. The previous owner is sitting behind the wheel in this picture...Mark Ward a Hamilton Chapter member.
                        Assuming it has a white top and Cruiser overlay on the deck lid, that is the car. The color was not a 1964 color and it would be a terrible stretch to say it was a bad mix for Bordeaux Red, if someone was trying to "hit" Bordeaux Red.

If it sold recently in Ontario and was going to the new owner, they were going the wrong way, because the truck, trailer, and car were headed due north!

From what you say, maybe they were taking it back? <GGG> BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Maybe that whole is it coming or going thing rubbed off all the way to the bitter end? I see Canadian Geese flying the wrong way all the time.

Comment

Bob , I'm pretty sure that this car was originally Bermuda Brown in color.
                            Maybe the trucker was lost and took the wrong exit......maybe we'll get the answer to where this car has ended up someday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Still looks a tad better than the one I brought home last year.

Jim
                              Often in error, never in doubt
                              http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X