New guy with 63 Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy with 63 Lark

Hey all, new here and thought I'd check in. Didn't see anywhere specific to do so, so here I am (it is late) My dad gave my brother and I a car each, the choice was between a 65 Barracuda and a 66 Chrysler 300. My brother took the Barracuda, and I asked for the Stude Dad agreed, so that's what I got. Dad really likes his 300, so I really kinda did him a favor making him keep it. Plans for this thing are up in the air right now, but it is a driver that I'm not worried about getting stranded with so I'm just kinda bangin it around town a bit. I'm not new to Studebakers, I had a 54 truck and my brother had a 50 truck at the same time. My dad happened to have a 62? Champ truck about then as well. My truck had a 283 Chevy and a 4 speed while my brother converted his from a stock farm truck to a 318/904 automatic. Both trucks were great and a fun time. I sold mine about 18 years ago, and my brother followed a few years later. I'll be truthful, I have been trying to sell this car for the last month with no real lookers. I just kind of decided to keep it, at least for a while, and get some enjoyment from it. It's a bone stock 63 2 door sedan with a 170 and 3 speed O/D. I'm looking forward to tinkering with it and mostly driving it.
    Travis..

Welcome to what is arguably the best auto forum on line. We've got people here who can answer tech questions, supply missing parts and others to offer advice on any question you have. You might want to join the Studebaker Drivers's Club, (go to HOME and follow the links) for a great Monthly Magazine (Turning Wheels) and ads and articles about Studebakers. Also there are many local affiliated clubs where parts and advice can be found, too.

Anyway, welcome, enjoy your Lark, or modify it then enjoy it, as you wish.

Comment

Welcome aboard! 'Hope you'll click to the appropriate link and join The Studebaker Drivers Club. Dues only $19.95 for the first year, which you'll consider a bargian once you receive your first issue of Turning Wheels, our monthly magazine. The '63 Lark looks nice; it's so rare in the midwest to see a car like that; just an older car with some wear, but not rusty! We envy you. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. You are in a great place for longevity of vintage cars and there are good resources for having a ton of fun with that car. I own a '60 lark four door V8. I like the lines of your model and think that it is a great platform for what ever you want to do. Stock or modified, it has reached the age that it can be considered "cool" no matter what you do with it.

Great to have you aboard and we look forward to your contributions to our forum.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I see you are from West Sacramento. If you send me a private message with your address, I will be glad to send you a copy of Hawk Talks, our local club newsletter. In it you will find a list of local area meetings that you are welcome to attend at any time. You don't have to be a member to attend but we will be glad to give you an application if you decide you would like to join.

This Saturday, we are having a joint meeting at Grupe Park in Stockton. We have a pretty big turnout at this meet and you will get an opportunity to mingle with Stude folks from about 4 different local clubs. Plus you will get to see some pretty nice Studebakers. We have a nice selection in our club. I will be at the California Auto Museum Saturday morning and will be leaving between 11 and 12 for the meet in Stockton. You are welcome to follow me there if you like.

Come join us.

You can also check out our newsletter online at www.hawktalks.com.
          Jon Stalnaker
          Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Welcome and best of luck with your Studebaker. Looking at the photo you posted, the car looks great with normal paint fading. The car really looks sound. Have fun, and join the Studebaker Drivers Club. You'll agree that it's one of the best bargains in the antique car world. The monthly magazine, Turning Wheels, is worth the cost alone. Again, welcome.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
              This Saturday, we are having a joint meeting at Grupe Park in Stockton. We have a pretty big turnout at this meet and you will get an opportunity to mingle with Stude folks from about 4 different local clubs. Plus you will get to see some pretty nice Studebakers. We have a nice selection in our club. I will be at the California Auto Museum Saturday morning and will be leaving between 11 and 12 for the meet in Stockton. You are welcome to follow me there if you like.
              Now that is one heck of an offer, you will find that Stude owners especially those in the club will go out of their way most times to help you out and get you accustomed to what's happen'. It's infectious and you find yourself doing the same to the next batch of new comers.
              Enjoy the Lark as you see fit.
              There are many examples of drivers, customs, restored and what were they thinking's....It all makes the world go around.

Couple bucket list items that I'm envious of where you are.
              Running up the coast on a road trip.
              And the NW Overdrive meet.
              61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope to see you in Stockton on Saturday we will be coming up from Fresno.
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Travis,
                  I gotta tell ya... I was tempted several times to buy your car. I am in the Sacramento area and was seriously considering it, but I've got too many Studes at the moment. There is a good group of Stude owners in the Sacramento area. I am not currently a club member, but have several good friends there. Good luck on the car. If you decide to go with a V8, let me know. I've got a couple engines that might be of interest to you.
                  sals54

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I did check out the Hawktalks site already, I ran into a fella last weekend at the swap meet at Arco Arena that told me about it. I'll have to see what I have going on this weekend, if I am not booked to do something, maybe I can make the Stockton meet. I have plenty of projects going right now, that and virtually no space to store another vehicle is why I was trying to sell it. I think I've figured out a storage solution, so for now I'm just gonna fix the couple of little needs to make it fully functional and just put some miles on it. We'll see where it goes from there. I REALLY need to get my GTX on the road though, I've only had it in the garage for 20 years
                    Travis..

Comment

Working...
                    X