Saskatoon, Saskatchewan- Studes at Weekend Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saskatoon, Saskatchewan- Studes at Weekend Car Show

This weekend was the annual Draggins Rod and custom show in Saskatoon. An annual indoor show, 5 Studes participated this year.

Steven Pritchard's ultra-low mileage 62- (34,000 miles?)

Grady Janzen's 60 Lark HT- with Mopar power under the Hood

Ted Dirksen from Edmonton with an R2 Avanti

My 61 Lark in our local Club "Car Lot" display

A nice suprise, a 1937 K Series truck that has recently been restored.
    All cars got great response, i know Grady won an award with his Lark.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

My car once the display was completed (thanks to Evan Severson, SK chapter president, for getting banners to us!)
    My blue 62 shows 37000 miles but has lived a largely outdoor life. Even at that it still cleans up pretty nicely.
    Attached Files

Comment

Grady's 60 won second in its class- "59 to 65 conservative custom". Very likely the first Stude to win anything in the show's 51 years! Not too shabby for a car that was actually done a few years ago, and does quite a few miles as a driver! The judges were impressed, they are glad to see a very different car that also has non-SBC power.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Steven and Michelle View Post
        Very likely the first Stude to win anything in the show's 51 years!
        I would bet that Gene Searcy's 31 Roadster and 37 President coupe garnered a few Draggins trophies, and I know George Sacher's Lemon-Lime Speedster won a few awards the year it was completed. Still nice to have high-quality Studes to represent our chapter.
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

That K-series truck is THE STUFF!
          I like it.
          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

(sound of palm smacking one's own forehead) D'OH!
            Sorry I forgot to give credit due to others whose past performances eluded my addled mind... but yes it was all in all an excellent show! Pretty positive this is the one and only time I will have a car even close to the calibre of entering this show.

Comment

Working...
            X