Bent Turning Wheels today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bent Turning Wheels today

Just received the May Turning Wheels today and while pulling it out of the mailbox I find that instead of ot being rolled up length ways as usual that it was bent accross the spine to fit in my box My Postal person has been very good at not damaging my various types of literature and wonder what had happened today. I live in a small rural town of 900and they have always been very approachable. So I go in the office and find a new face behind the counter and I nicely educated her on the different bindings of my Turning Wheels and the Rod and Custom that were in my box today. She was very sorry and seemed sincere on stating it wont happen again

Tom

PS. nice articles on the Coupe Express trucks this month
    sigpic

I hate postal employees. They suck.
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Maybe you need a better mailbox . Gotta show the mailman/woman some love . . .

Comment

Years ago, I went up a size in mailbox and now TW fits without it being rolled or folded.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have a great mail carrier. When I get one of my antique auto magazines, he hand carries them right up to my front door, so he won't bend them. Ordinarily, he puts my mail in the mailbox at the curb. He's a good guy.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Last year I replaced my mail box with a new larger one and replaced (retired) my mail carrier with a new one that actually knows what DO NOT BEND TURNING WHEELS!!!

Comment

At least you received yours. I am still waiting for the March issue although April arrived on time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                I hate postal employees. They suck.
                The retired ones are way worse!
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Fors View Post
                  At least you received yours. I am still waiting for the March issue although April arrived on time.
                  Geoff: If you received April on time but March has yet to appear, contact Cornerstone Registration for a replacement March issue. Obviously, your March issue was lost or destroyed. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
                    Just received the May Turning Wheels today and while pulling it out of the mailbox I find that instead of ot being rolled up length ways as usual that it was bent accross the spine to fit in my box My Postal person has been very good at not damaging my various types of literature and wonder what had happened today. I live in a small rural town of 900and they have always been very approachable. So I go in the office and find a new face behind the counter and I nicely educated her on the different bindings of my Turning Wheels and the Rod and Custom that were in my box today. She was very sorry and seemed sincere on stating it wont happen again

Tom

PS. nice articles on the Coupe Express trucks this month
                    Could you have had a substitute carrier?
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

You better play it safe and put one of these systems in front of your house . !

Comment

Working...
                      X