X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studebaker-R2-4-me
    replied
    Originally posted by barnlark View Post
    That's the one thing I can never seem to be able to attend; a Proving Ground tour. I had to finally mow my grass after 3 months of rain and left on Saturday. The rest of the trip was great. I hope you got a flavor of it.

I had a couple days of adventure with Allen Anderson and his GT Hawk's hydrovac. I hope he finally made it home. He had to do a Wood brother's pit stop under one of the Fairground's open buildings, but did a great job getting a new one in and back operating. As usual, the dinners and discussions were the best part after each long day of Stude fever. I never heard if there was a Forum picture opportunity. Did that happen?
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Wow Dave ! 2 days with Allen ....you now deserve a big rest <G>
    Hope to see you at the International
    Originally posted by barnlark View Post
    Even Caroline couldn't take Saturday morning with him, Bob. She slept in late and showed up later in the afternoon. Smart girl!
    Just kidding, he's a good egg...I did witness the Anderson luck first hand, though. It's the real thing, believe me. It even shows up at parts and hardware stores.
    Yes, Dave, Caroline and I were on an Adventure in South Bend. I was nice to see the pictures of the Car Show since I was running around with Dave looking for fittings to make the new Hydrovac work. I was lucky that I did not have to bleed the entire system but it took a while to bleed all the air out of the system. But the majority of my luck was having a good friend drive us around for dinner and drinks and then find the parts to get us back on the road and home again. My Power steering did not make it home either. and had to cut the belt 1/2 way home to save the pump.
    As for Caroline not making it up in the morning with me was more to do with Joe's Bar and those cheap gigantic martinis they serve, even the "Sofie cut" of Roast Beef could not save her.

Allen

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    I restored the drive line and frame. Floyds Body Shop did the body and paint. Jim

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Being you're the one that restored it Jim, I'd expect nothing less.

Leave a comment:

• DieselJim
    replied
    If you think the top side is nice, you shouls see the underside. It is just as nice. Been there. Jim

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    Originally posted by mbstude View Post
    Man, that sure is some bright stainless on that '62 Pace Car!
    Matt, seeing that car in person you did an awesome job on that stainless. That car is flawless!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Man, that sure is some bright stainless on that '62 Pace Car!

Leave a comment:

• COMMANDERPINK1
    replied
    I was going to bring my 66 out just because of the proving Grounds tour, but I chickened out because the weather just wasnt promising enough.
    Tom

Leave a comment:

• LarkR2Clone
    replied
    Here are a few more
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LarkR2Clone
    replied
    The Rest of them
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LarkR2Clone
    replied
    Here is a pic of all that was there.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Chris_Dresbach
    replied
    Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    Looks like an awesome turnout of great looking Studebakers. Anybody have photos from the proving grounds today?
    So far, here's the only one I have:

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Hope someone with some pull in SB can get this weather straightened out !

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Originally posted by Wendy View Post
    A great place to stay while in South Bend is The Farmhouse! Check us out: http://pwdfarmhouse.com
    Wendy, that looks like my kind of place. Only thing better would be thick bacon and fried potatoes cookin' in the kitchen in the morning!

You should add "Studebaker National Museum and annual Studebaker Drivers' Club functions" to your site for things to do/see.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    For BP...or your address so he could "knock you up"

Leave a comment:

• Wendy
    replied
    A great place to stay while in South Bend is The Farmhouse! Check us out: http://pwdfarmhouse.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X