May South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pics everyone !
    Looks like it was a successful Zone Meet .....sorry I couldn't make it but plan on being there in 3 weeks for the truck Show thats being held at the fairgrounds....looking forward to that one .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Show Day. Rain & Shine

Judges confer:

Meanwhile the vendors tried to recoup their fuel costs:

Great Job, Michiana Chapter!

Comment

Finally, I got all my pics loaded. I drove down Saturday and had my car in Division 8 - Modified/Stude Powered - the first time I participated. I was able to find nearly all of the parts I wanted. Find all of my photos (60 or so) at this link: http://www.teamwetworks.com/claymore...el=album&id=34

here are a few:

James Maxey's ORANGE R2 Lark:

A neat 56 (?) bare bones station wagon with 56 Chevy trim - painted on:

I'd love to have this 40 to cruise in!

Lots more and larger at the link above.

Except for the overcast and the drizzle, it was a good time.

--george

Comment

Hey John, was that a real deal 62 Convertible pace car, just curious.
          Regards Brian
          Yeah, I would have to defer to a higher authority(thanks Bob <G>) on that, but it did look like a rendition of a good whatif car <G>!!
          1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
          1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
          1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
          1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

I'm hearing good things about the meet and also about the meet hotel...I'll have to check that place out next year.

My sister and husband also went on a tour of the Oliver Mansion and were quite impressed.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Thanks for posting photos all....can't get over that killer orange color on the r2 lark.....wow! Junior
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Looks like an awesome turnout of great looking Studebakers. Anybody have photos from the proving grounds today?
                sigpic
                In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That's the one thing I can never seem to be able to attend; a Proving Ground tour. I had to finally mow my grass after 3 months of rain and left on Saturday. The rest of the trip was great. I hope you got a flavor of it.

I had a couple days of adventure with Allen Anderson and his GT Hawk's hydrovac. I hope he finally made it home. He had to do a Wood brother's pit stop under one of the Fairground's open buildings, but did a great job getting a new one in and back operating. As usual, the dinners and discussions were the best part after each long day of Stude fever. I never heard if there was a Forum picture opportunity. Did that happen?

Comment

Wow Dave ! 2 days with Allen ....you now deserve a big rest <G>
                    Hope to see you at the International
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      Wow Dave ! 2 days with Allen ....you now deserve a big rest <G>
                      Hope to see you at the International
                      Even Caroline couldn't take Saturday morning with him, Bob. She slept in late and showed up later in the afternoon. Smart girl!
                      Just kidding, he's a good egg...I did witness the Anderson luck first hand, though. It's the real thing, believe me. It even shows up at parts and hardware stores.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
                        Finally, I got all my pics loaded. I drove down Saturday and had my car in Division 8 - Modified/Stude Powered - the first time I participated. I was able to find nearly all of the parts I wanted. here are a few:

A neat 56 (?) bare bones station wagon with 56 Chevy trim - painted on:

Lots more and larger at the link above. --george
                        George: That wagon started out life as a 1958 Scotsman. It is now all-Chevy drivetrain, including the 1963-up in-line six, probably a 230. I did not talk to the owner, but rumor has it he built the car for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

If so, and if anyone knows him, he's not going to get very far on the Power Tour before he has a huge mess under the hood...and maybe even a seized engine if he didn't notice the oil pressure falling off when the following component fractured due to fatigue:

To Wit: He has an auxillary oil pressure gauge under the dash. Under the hood, the oil pressure reference source is a rigid piece of small-diameter copper tube from the engine's oil gallery to the firewall; no flex hose to allow the engine to wiggle in the chassis! Yipes!

Please, if anyone knows the owner of this car, point out to him that he needs to have a flex hose to get the oil pressure reference plumbing from the engine to the firewall! BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I finally got around to loading my pics to photobucket.
                          I had a pretty good time. Thanks to everyone who posted pics.

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...011/?start=all

John V.

Comment

A great place to stay while in South Bend is The Farmhouse! Check us out: http://pwdfarmhouse.com

Comment

For BP...or your address so he could "knock you up"
                              Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Originally posted by Wendy View Post
                                A great place to stay while in South Bend is The Farmhouse! Check us out: http://pwdfarmhouse.com
                                Wendy, that looks like my kind of place. Only thing better would be thick bacon and fried potatoes cookin' in the kitchen in the morning!

You should add "Studebaker National Museum and annual Studebaker Drivers' Club functions" to your site for things to do/see.
                                Bill Pressler
                                Kent, OH
                                (formerly Greenville, PA)
                                Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                                Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                                1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                                1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                                All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
                                X