Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bordeaux Daytona
    replied
    I finally got around to loading my pics to photobucket.
    I had a pretty good time. Thanks to everyone who posted pics.

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/l...011/?start=all

John V.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by ClaymoreWW View Post
    Finally, I got all my pics loaded. I drove down Saturday and had my car in Division 8 - Modified/Stude Powered - the first time I participated. I was able to find nearly all of the parts I wanted. here are a few:

A neat 56 (?) bare bones station wagon with 56 Chevy trim - painted on:

Lots more and larger at the link above. --george
    George: That wagon started out life as a 1958 Scotsman. It is now all-Chevy drivetrain, including the 1963-up in-line six, probably a 230. I did not talk to the owner, but rumor has it he built the car for the Hot Rod Power Tour.

If so, and if anyone knows him, he's not going to get very far on the Power Tour before he has a huge mess under the hood...and maybe even a seized engine if he didn't notice the oil pressure falling off when the following component fractured due to fatigue:

To Wit: He has an auxillary oil pressure gauge under the dash. Under the hood, the oil pressure reference source is a rigid piece of small-diameter copper tube from the engine's oil gallery to the firewall; no flex hose to allow the engine to wiggle in the chassis! Yipes!

Please, if anyone knows the owner of this car, point out to him that he needs to have a flex hose to get the oil pressure reference plumbing from the engine to the firewall! BP

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Wow Dave ! 2 days with Allen ....you now deserve a big rest <G>
    Hope to see you at the International
    Even Caroline couldn't take Saturday morning with him, Bob. She slept in late and showed up later in the afternoon. Smart girl!
    Just kidding, he's a good egg...I did witness the Anderson luck first hand, though. It's the real thing, believe me. It even shows up at parts and hardware stores.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Wow Dave ! 2 days with Allen ....you now deserve a big rest <G>
    Hope to see you at the International

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    That's the one thing I can never seem to be able to attend; a Proving Ground tour. I had to finally mow my grass after 3 months of rain and left on Saturday. The rest of the trip was great. I hope you got a flavor of it.

I had a couple days of adventure with Allen Anderson and his GT Hawk's hydrovac. I hope he finally made it home. He had to do a Wood brother's pit stop under one of the Fairground's open buildings, but did a great job getting a new one in and back operating. As usual, the dinners and discussions were the best part after each long day of Stude fever. I never heard if there was a Forum picture opportunity. Did that happen?

Leave a comment:

• Milaca
    replied
    Looks like an awesome turnout of great looking Studebakers. Anybody have photos from the proving grounds today?

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Thanks for posting photos all....can't get over that killer orange color on the r2 lark.....wow! Junior

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    I'm hearing good things about the meet and also about the meet hotel...I'll have to check that place out next year.

My sister and husband also went on a tour of the Oliver Mansion and were quite impressed.

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    Hey John, was that a real deal 62 Convertible pace car, just curious.
    Regards Brian
    Yeah, I would have to defer to a higher authority(thanks Bob <G>) on that, but it did look like a rendition of a good whatif car <G>!!

Leave a comment:

• Bredehoft
    replied
    Finally, I got all my pics loaded. I drove down Saturday and had my car in Division 8 - Modified/Stude Powered - the first time I participated. I was able to find nearly all of the parts I wanted. Find all of my photos (60 or so) at this link: http://www.teamwetworks.com/claymore...el=album&id=34

here are a few:

James Maxey's ORANGE R2 Lark:

A neat 56 (?) bare bones station wagon with 56 Chevy trim - painted on:

I'd love to have this 40 to cruise in!

Lots more and larger at the link above.

Except for the overcast and the drizzle, it was a good time.

--george

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Show Day. Rain & Shine

Judges confer:

Meanwhile the vendors tried to recoup their fuel costs:

Great Job, Michiana Chapter!

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Nice pics everyone !
    Looks like it was a successful Zone Meet .....sorry I couldn't make it but plan on being there in 3 weeks for the truck Show thats being held at the fairgrounds....looking forward to that one .

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
    Regards Brian
    No, Brian, the 1962 Daytona "Pace Car" was a recreation from an early-production car. It is not one of the two actual pace cars, nor is it one of the 500 Festival Cars. I spoke at length with the owner and restorer (two different people) and confirmed same.

Nice car from out west, originally built as a 3-speed but now a 4-speed! BP

Leave a comment:

• packardHawk58
    replied
    Regards Brian

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    Quite a few members on the Forum went to the Studebaker meet, so expect quite a few photos over the next few days, notwithstanding mine. The weather was better than last year, but we still got sprinkled on, on Friday, and we got a steady drizzle around 2 pm on Saturday. Anyway, here's a few of my photos from the show:

Hopefully I have the correct Avanti. This is one of the last few that rolled off the line in Cancun. What's different is it's sporting a V6 rather than a V8. The idea was an experiment in cost effectiveness in using the V6 However, the tire peeling results are pretty much the same, or so I was told <G>....

Yes, the E33 has a blower, and its quite effective too <G>.....

On Friday night, Studebaker International held a Cruise In with Rolling Stonebaker pizza and free tours. Although the truck is quite a novel concept, I wasn't much on the pizza(sorry guys it was more of a snack than a meal, and it was joined by two Chicago Style hotdogs and a soda), but I loved the tour. I was even pressed, er humored to buy a large air compressor for 500 dollars from Tom Molnar since we have an Avanti. It's all good though, I got my fair share of pictures and a movie or two....

The Pizza truck...

Expenses, if I recall, most of the parts were for the '55, so I ended up with

Bulk original exhaust pipe
    Driver and Passenger window regulators
    WC repair kits
    Brake hoses and fittings
    Master cylinder with a usable brass fitting
    Reproduction '55 C/K tail light lenses from SI(couldn't find all of none at the fairgrounds)
    Extra temperature gauge, gasket, and sender since my FI system is currently using the stock sender
    Some extra rolls of Red Velour fabric and reflective heat insulation after a donation to the SNM for their work on the Woody. The roll of heat insulation will be added to the extra roll of other reflective heat insulation I got from the Hunnert Car Pileup a couple years ago.

I have posted many more photos, so if you want to see the album for the show at the fairgrounds go here:

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...20Show%202011/

For the Cruise In, click here:
    http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...International/
    Last edited by PlainBrownR2; 05-07-2011, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X