No announcement yet.

May South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Bend is loaded with hotels. Everybody is bound to find a place to stay.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

My group is going to stay at the Comfort Suites again this year. Last year was our first breaking a long tradition of staying at the old Holidome. It started to rain so the tailgating was moved into the lobby and went late into the night with no complaints. I have an extra room reserved if anyone needs it,my son cant make it this year. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Speed 53 View Post
        My group is going to stay at the Comfort Suites again this year.<<<
        Just to make sure we're all on the same page;

...there are TWO "COMFORT SUITES" located on U.S. 31 in South Bend. There is the one NORTH of town among a dozen or so other hotels/motels and then there is the newest one SOUTH of town ...near the Fairgrounds.

Comment

We will be at the south one near the fairgrounds.Also planning a Barnabys Pizza visit on thurs nigth like last year. Ed

Comment

>>>Also planning a Barnabys Pizza visit on thurs nigth like last year. Ed
            Just to make sure we're all on the same page;

...there are TWO "BARNABY'S PIZZA" ...one near downtown on Jefferson St. and the other out near the mall on Grape Rd.

Comment

Barnabys close to downtown. Look for my White 63 Avanti,Black primered 61 wagon and a Red 64 Daytona Hardtop. Last year we had aprox 20+ Stude fans there. After that the tailgating started at the Comfort Suites south. Ed

Comment

I stay at the north Comfort Suites near Grape.I vend so I can cover the added costs by taking home a bit less but the peace and quiet(and security) are worth it to me.After a day full of talking Studebakers and visiting with friends I like getting away from the fairgrounds.Most everyone passes past a stationary vendor and I enjoy hearing about the hotel parking lot bull sessions but I need my ugly sleep
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Originally posted by fstst56 View Post
                  I quit staying in South Bend years ago.<<<>>> You have to remember that it's also Prom season and I got tired of the kids running up and down the halls "all" night long. I have reservations at The Essenhaus Inn in Middlebury.<<<
                  Understand what you’re saying. BUT …the facilities, the people and even the attitudes have all changed in SOUTH BEND since then!!!

There are more things to see & do in SOUTH BEND this May than ever before!!!

And here are some of them:

…attend the SDC Michiana Chapter’s 30th Indoor & Outdoor Swap Meet at the Fairgrounds

…be a part of history and be there for Studebaker International’s 1st Annual "CRUISE-IN." What a perfect mix; Studebakers, pizza, music & South Bend’s famous "Bonnie Doon" ice cream ...all right there at the Studebaker Aviation Plant

…visit the Studebaker National Museum and see all those new exhibits

…tour around the Studebaker Proving Grounds with your Studebaker

….gaze in wonderment as you tour Studebaker International – South Bend’s "World’s Largest Inventory of Studebaker Parts…but of course, there are interesting things to do & see in Amish-land too.
                  Last edited by Welcome; 04-24-2011, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Barnabys close to downtown. Look for my White 63 Avanti,Black primered 61 wagon and a Red 64 Daytona Hardtop. Last year we had aprox 20+ Stude fans there. After that the tailgating started at the Comfort Suites south. Ed
                    I can say only one thing about Ed and his tailgating.... HE KNOWS HOW TO DO IT RIGHT! See ya there!

Allen
                    1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
                    PSMCDR 2013
                    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

When is it in May?
                      I think in be in SB around the 19th (+ -) on my first trip to the Museum.
                      63 Avanti R1 2788
                      1914 Stutz Bearcat
                      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

May 5th-5th and 7th
                        Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
                        When is it in May?
                        I think in be in SB around the 19th (+ -) on my first trip to the Museum.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
                        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
                        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

The Comfort Suites by the fairgrounds is charging like it was a Hampton Inn... Have stayed at the Best Inn on Dixie Way many times.. but have upgrated to the Microtel this year.
                          222 Dixie Way South, South Bend, 574-273-4300.

Comment

Regardless of the room charge for the Comfort Suites, South.....the rooms are the best in South Bend. stupak

Comment

bob40 , I agree with you , I always stay at the north Comfort Suites ....I think its the better of the 2 anyways.
                              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
                                The Comfort Suites by the fairgrounds is charging like it was a Hampton Inn...<<<
                                Not knowing what $$ they quoted, perhaps they just shot you rack-rate if you didn't specifically ask for the Studebaker/SDC May Meet discount.

Comfort Suites-South IS the "Host Hotel" for this Meet.

http://www.michiana-chapter-sdc.net/Annual_Meet.html

Comment

Working...
                                X