63 GT Hawk R1 4 Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    'Better check that Serial Number plate again, Camden, or we have two 1963 Hawks running around with the same Serial Number: 63V2036!

R1 engine #JT1267 was shipped in 1963 Hawk #63V6370, not 63V2036. It, too, was a 4-speed car; Champaign Gold with disc brakes. It did not have Twin Traction or heavy-duty springs or shocks, however. BP
    I show in our GT Hawk Registry, http://www.studebakergthawkregistry.ca/ 63V2036 with JT 1028 with pictures, and we also list 63V6370 with JT1267 for which I have some pics 'some where' which will be added when located.
    thanks
    Barry Leppan
    Ontario, Canada
    64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
    GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by edpjr View Post
      I think somebody got a heckuva deal at $10,201.00 on an R1 4-speed GT Hawk. The price of nice Studes seem to be declining likely due to the poor economy, high unemployment, and $4/gal gas.
      That's about where that car should have ended up. It's a decent car, but a interior and more away from the typical, nice 14K example. I have not yet seen the decline in values others see, the car was just 5K away from being a excellent example. Here's a R1 I sold for 15K, compare the two and see the difference in the interior for example:

http://www.stude.com/Bermuda/
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Oh..., I just noticed a brand new "ebayer" with 0 feedback was the winner. These things usually never work out...
        Perhaps for you, but I've sold dozens of cars to zero feedback bidders, many that signed up on ebay just to win a car they just fell in love with.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

That may well be the case with specialty cars. But having been on eBay since 1998 and having two stores that buy/sell vintage collectibles, > 95% of our problems over the years have come from 0 or very low feedback users. I hope in this case it works out well for the seller.

Originally posted by JDP View Post
          Perhaps for you, but I've sold dozens of cars to zero feedback bidders, many that signed up on ebay just to win a car they just fell in love with.
          edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

That may well be the case with specialty cars. But having been on eBay since 1998 and having two stores that buy/sell vintage collectibles, > 95% of our problems over the years have come from 0 or very low feedback users. I hope in this case it works out well for the seller.
            Good point, you have a different customer base, old car guys seem more serious.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

63 GT R1 New Owner!!

I will let everyone know the new owners info as soon as he gives me his ok. I am sure he will be happy to meet such a nice bunch of true enthusiats!! Thanks to all I think he got a great deal on a rare car that I hope he brings back to all her potential. Call me if any wants some pretty rare Packards I will be selling soon. Michael Dobler 516-351-6059

Comment

Status Update 63V2036

This is my first post, and an answer to the current status and owner of the 63V2036 JT1028 Hawk. Bought it this fall from a dealer in Washington, D.C. It is in excellent condition, and made the trip from DC to it's new North Carolina home with nary a cough or sputter. I am continuing the restoration, with a trunk over-haul, re-installation of a (Delco) Studebaker AM radio, and several other cosmetic improvements. The air conditioner installation by one of the previous owners left dents in the hood, and she leak a little oil, but all-in-all a great state for a first project car. Joined the SDC (obviously) and met a lot of fine gentleman with years of experience to help me keep the wheels turning.

Attached Files

Comment

Congrats! Great to hear you had a safe trip home with it.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for updating us Harold, and welcome to SDC and the SDC Forum!
                    That is a way better than average looking GT Hawk, very nice. An R1 4 Speed is a real Keeper.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Welcome to the world of Studedome. Nice car, too.
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Welcome to SDC and The SDC Forum, Harold. A Rose Mist R1/4-speed Hawk is a nice find.

If you made it home "as advertised," you've already determined it being roadworthy. BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Very nice looking car. Hope you enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X