Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2R5
    replied
    I think all rims were black on the inside and red on the outside....if I remember correctly
    I do know that I once owned a 60 Lark that had original paint on the rims and they were black on the inside side and body color on the outside.

Leave a comment:

• dong
    replied
    The April 2001 Turning wheels article by Fred Fox says Sahara Sand body color should have Comanche Red wheels, but also says " Normally cars shipped from the factory with full wheel covers and whitewall tires had black wheels". The article contains a chart showing the various color combinations, some were the same as body color (Aqua Green, Concord Blue, Maui Blue). Black Cherry, Midnite Blue, Plaza Gray, Sahara Sand,Surf Gray, and Velvet Black had Comanche Red wheels. Bermuda Green, Comanche Red, Rio Green, and Shenandoah Green had Sahara Sand wheels.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    I believe Stude literature indicates all '51 wheels were Comanche Red but, when I got my Sahara Sand '51 the wheels were black and, when sanded for repainting, there was no indication of any red prior.

Leave a comment:

• JohnMSeymour
    started a topic Wheel color

Wheel color

Would any body know what the wheel color would be on a '51 Champion that's body was Sahara Sand?

Thanks, John
Working...
X