Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado Damage at the Myer's

Keep 'em in your prayers.

Heartbreaking pictures. I hope no one was hurt.

Comment

Some serious tree damage, but at least it wasn't all flattened.
      Hang tough!
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Was the 56 Golden hawk damaged or a near miss on it an the Avanti??
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Holy Cow, I can't believe it. I heard that it was bad down there and the winds came up north very strongly after that, but that's horrible damage, unlike here. That's Jon's truck between the house and the parts building. The rest of the damage looks like the buildings by the river. They really got hit hard. Sad. I hope they are all okay.

Comment

Just talked to John on monday,hope they are all ok! Sorry to see this happen to them. Ed

Comment

Oh, Crap, Jo, Betty, and Mike. Geeze, we all hate seeing that. 'Glad no one was hurt (at least there's no mention of that). All the best. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

People first! I hope and pray all are uninjured, and healthy!

okc63avanti... John... do you know if your car was damaged?

This will be a set-back in so many ways, for so many folks, my thoughts and prayers are with them all, in every way.
                Last edited by Studedude; 04-20-2011, 06:42 PM.
                sigpic
                Dave Lester

Comment

I just got an email from Linda. Everyone is apparently okay and contractors will be doing the clean up. They're still working and will still be having their Tech Meet.

Comment

I wish the Myers group all the best in their recovery. They have been so helpful to me.

Regards,

Jon Kammer

Comment

Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                      People first! I hope and pray all are uninjured, and healthy!

okc63avanti... John... do you know if your car was damaged?

This will be a set-back in so many ways, for so many folks, my thoughts and prayers are with them all, in every way.
                      Dave,

Just saw this thread and I have no idea, although as I read it I was thinking more about Jon, Betty, Linda and Mike they are like family. I'm not worried about the car, at the end of the day its only metal and fiberglass.

Matt, thanks for the post that they are OK .... I'm relieved to hear it. I'll be going to Ohio for the Tech Meet as I've had my reservations made and plane ticket since January.
                      Last edited by okc63avanti; 04-20-2011, 07:59 PM.
                      sigpic
                      John
                      63R-2386
                      Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

I went over to Jon's a few weeks after the Northridge earthquake back in the 90's. Then Jon told me how all his shelves were thrown one on another & the work it took to upright them & place all those parts back where they belonged. This is like getting struck by lightning twice! Glad they are all ok, but I feel for them having to cleanup all this again. All our thoughts & sympathy from the Webb's to the Myer's.
                        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                        64 Zip Van
                        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

How scary that must have been! A bad thing that happened to good people.

Whenever we're fighting a stretch of heavy snowstorms I try to remember tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and fires, and how we have almost never been affected by any of those here.

All the best to the Myers.
                          Last edited by Bob Andrews; 04-21-2011, 01:25 AM.
                          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                          Romans 15:13
                          Deuteronomy 31:6
                          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I'll 2nd that!

Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post
                            I wish the Myers group all the best in their recovery. They have been so helpful to me.

Regards,

Jon Kammer
                            edp/NC
                            \'63 Avanti
                            \'66 Commander

Comment

Me and the kids went to my parents yesterday after school. EVERYONE is OKAY. The weather service says this was "just" downbursts and straight line winds. Dad's Escalade is totalled, but no customer's cars were hurt or damaged. The Avanti and Hawk under the tree in back were parts cars. The Tech Meet is still on and we will probably be spending Easter weekend helping them clean up. I took some pictures that I will try and post. They still do not have power or phone service in the business, but do have power in the house.
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              Michelle (Myer) Chernisky
                              Heart of Ohio Chapter, SDC
                              60 Lark Convertible & 64 Avanti

Comment

Working...
                              X