Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

33 year collection of Turning Wheels magazines

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 33 year collection of Turning Wheels magazines

    I'm cleaning out the basement this spring and decided to part with a complete, 33+ year collection of Turning Wheels magazines. All issues are complete; some show slight wear from storage on the shelf or reading. Collection begins with February 1979 through current issue. They're packed in numerical order in three large, heavy boxes. Asking $300 or best offer. I can deliver them to the May swap meet in South Bend, the SDC International meet in Springfield, Mo., or the Keystone Region/AOAI meet in July in Pennsylvania.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

  • #2
    Lew, I took my complete collection from March 1977 to the South Bend swap meet a few years ago.
    I had requests for single issues but none on the complete set.
    If they don't sell maybe they could be donated to the club as a tax write-off to be sold as back-issues.
    A collection that complete should easily be worth $300.00

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by fstst56 View Post
      Lew, I took my complete collection from March 1977 to the South Bend swap meet a few years ago.
      I had requests for single issues but none on the complete set.
      If they don't sell maybe they could be donated to the club as a tax write-off to be sold as back-issues.
      A collection that complete should easily be worth $300.00
      A donation to SDC can not be claimed as a tax write off. That is one of the reasons that the Studebaker Foundation was formed. A donation to the Foundation is a tax deductable event.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

      SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

      Comment


      • #4
        I just gave away a full set from 1976 to today for free to a good home.Gene

        Comment


        • #5
          If you want to get your $300, you're going to have to work at it. Break them into one-year increments and advertise them all on eBay at once. A year will easily fit into a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box for shipping. Offer to combine shipping on multiple wins. Several years will fit in a Large Flat Rate Box.

          jack vines.
          PackardV8

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1952stude View Post
            I just gave away a full set from 1976 to today for free to a good home.Gene
            Yes, you did!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1952stude View Post
              i just gave away a full set from 1976 to today for free to a good home.gene
              yea bro!!!

              Dick
              Mountain Home, AR
              http://www.livingintheozarks.com/studebaker2.htm

              Comment


              • #8
                Man if I had the extra money i would buy these from you...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi

                  If you decide to sell these seperately, please can I put my name on the issue that they covered the 1925 Starliner? Seems like the only way I'm going to get real indepth info on the cars

                  I've not been able to find out which issue number it is though.

                  Many thanks

                  Steph

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Starliner Steph View Post
                    Hi
                    If you decide to sell these seperately, please can I put my name on the issue that they covered the 1925 Starliner? Seems like the only way I'm going to get real indepth info on the cars
                    I've not been able to find out which issue number it is though.
                    Many thanks
                    Steph
                    Hi Steph,

                    I think you mean 1952, not 1925, correct? If you look on the SDC page on the left side you'll see Turning Wheels magazine. There is an index which you can download in three different formats.

                    I believe the issue you want is June 1987, Vol 19 Issue 6.
                    The feature article was written by Fred Fox.
                    I'll look to see if I have an extra copy. I have two of some issues.

                    Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your restoration. I don't have a '52, but I have always admired them. I do have a '55. It's a 4dr Commander, and one of my favorites. Perhaps that's because when I learned to drive (many years ago) our family car was a '55 Commander 4dr.

                    JWW (John Wherry)
                    Clinton, Pennsylvania, USA
                    Last edited by JWW; 04-23-2011, 02:47 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by JWW View Post
                      Hi Steph,

                      I think you mean 1952, not 1925, correct? If you look on the SDC page on the left side you'll see Turning Wheels magazine. There is an index which you can download in three different formats.

                      I believe the issue you want is June 1987, Vol 19 Issue 6.
                      The feature article was written by Fred Fox.
                      I'll look to see if I have an extra copy. I have two of some issues.

                      Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your restoration. I don't have a '52, but I have always admired them. I do have a '55. It's a 4dr Commander, and one of my favorites. Perhaps that's because when I learned to drive (many years ago) our family car was a '55 Commander 4dr.

                      JWW (John Wherry)
                      Clinton, Pennsylvania, USA
                      Hi John

                      thanks for the reply. Yes, I did mean 1952. thanks for the download tip and thanks for the comments about my car. I'm getting really into it now and am a sponge for information about the 52. i've posted some more picture of the car all stripped out on my other thread have a look and see what you're not missing!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks, Jack... I hate to break up a set, but I think you have a good idea... breaking them up into one-year increments, either to sell for less or just give away in one or two or three-year increments.

                        I doubt that the Studebaker Foundation would want or need them, and I'm sure that the museum has more than they could ever wish for.

                        Lew
                        Lew Schucart
                        Editor, Avanti Magazine

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Personally, I dream of having a treasure trove of information like that, but I just wouldn't be able to afford that sort of additional expense right now. Prety much all of my income is busy buying sheet metal
                          Last edited by JimC; 04-27-2011, 08:46 PM. Reason: I can't spell worth a carp
                          '63 Lark Custom, 259 v8, auto, child seat

                          "Your friendly neighborhood Studebaker evangelist"

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X