Avanti Sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Sighting

4/16/11 13:00 hour's north bound Hwy 3 Bremerton wa. , White with a lot of primer and bondo, Round headlights "not a reproduction" with old Cal. expired plates being trailered. Looked fairly well complete.

I heard a rumor about a white R1 4 speed down that way, I wonder if it is the same one?
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Dlyan if you deside to give up on the Packard ,please remember my 57 commander is here ,between the two we could possibliy make an interesting car out of the two

Comment

Will do! Right now I am running against two problems with it. First, kicking myself for not saving a part off my '58 Commander, and hoping the Lark part is close enough to make work if I can't save mine. The other one is my engine is frozen. It was in a garage since '88; until 8 months ago. 3 months ago they removed the spark plugs. I got some penetrant in the cylinders now, and I'm getting ready to pump what is left out, and refill with something different. If I can't get it to roll over, I will be a searching for a good short block it looks like (If so, I guess this gives me the chance to build it the way I want )
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Dylan, what part do you need that you should've saved from the 58?

Comment

The passenger side front body mount. The one that goes from the floor pan, to the frame; and it's the very very front body mount on the cars. Mine collected a ton of mud, and it's shot There is also a dollar bill sized hole from it rusting out the floor right there as well, but thankfully that is all flat sheet metal. I can form a new body mount, but I'd rather it be a good used one :P
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I can rest easy~ I found Dad's Avanti still tucked away safely at his place...

JYD~ I'd sure like to know more about your '57. But it seems you don't read your PMs.
              I've given up asking about it now, but sure would like to hear about it...

Dylan~ I went ahead and looked around the yard thinking I could help. I looked here~

and here~

these are NOT game~

Oooops, wait a minute- I think I may have found something over there~

It would seem I might be able to help-
              But ONLY after the mayham that'll be my month of May.
              Maybe look me up in June, eh? Thanks.
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Cool beans! Thanks Dave, I'll hit ya up then I had forgotten that you had the remains of one too
                Dylan Wills
                Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
                  The passenger side front body mount. The one that goes from the floor pan, to the frame; and it's the very very front body mount on the cars. Mine collected a ton of mud, and it's shot There is also a dollar bill sized hole from it rusting out the floor right there as well, but thankfully that is all flat sheet metal. I can form a new body mount, but I'd rather it be a good used one :P
                  I'm not sure if this is the mount you're talking about.
                  I think someone mentioned it on here a while back that Classic Enterprises makes a mount for a T-cab pickup that you might be able to use, they might have to be modified a little but it's a good place to start. I ordered a couple of sets for my 64-64 cars. There might be a difference between the right and left. They're $5 each w/o shipping so they're aren't too expensive. They're pretty thick too.

John V.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 04-21-2011, 12:35 PM.

Comment

No, it would be this one Thanks for the heads up on those, I may order a couple sets as well for our Larks m (Don't really need them, yet anyways )
                    Attached Files
                    Dylan Wills
                    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

StudeDave, I don't try to ignore people I just have an old computer and a lot of the time it just won't log on here. My 57 came out of Oregon it has a fairly solid body as far as the quarters and trunk, But the floor pans on the drivers side collected waterand their shot as are the seats.I lucked out and have found all the missing parts that I needed for the body.

It's a complete car right down to the hubcaps and will start and move but smokes and has a bad knock. I can't do much with it but I have everything for it and maybe some day ........

In the mean time I try to keep my 58 Scotty pickup road worthy. My love for Studies have always been to the truck side as my first car as a kid was a M series 1/2 ton.

Comment

Working...
                      X