Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transport deck lid? Central PA to northeast Ohio or South Bend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport deck lid? Central PA to northeast Ohio or South Bend?

I have a '53 trunk deck lid in State College, PA (near I-80, I-99 and U.S. 322); ultimately going to Australia. If I can get it to Dave Arnold in northeast Ohio or to the South Bend Michiana Swap Meet, he can arrange from there.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Brad, if you can get it to Lancaster County I can take it to South Bend. Or, my buddy is at his cabin near Port Royal until Sunday if you can get it there. Jim S.
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Appreciate that, Jim.
      If he's there until this Sunday it may be a push for me. The S-10 is running bad and I'm hoping to get a real major tune-up accomplished over the weekend. Would also be an hour-and-a-half round trip.
      I googled directions from Narvon to South Bend and noticed the route through State College via 322 is indicated to be two miles longer but 19 minutes shorter than PA Turnpike I-76 and, no tolls until the Ohio Turnpike. Unless you have other stops planned between Narvon and Youngstown, would you consider it?

Brad
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I can meet someone at Ohio Turnpike exit 13A, or the Turnpike Service Center before it, since the lid needs to end up here anyway. I'm also very close to 322. That way I can drive my car to SB instead of my Tahoe!

Comment

Dave, a little more arm twisting from Brad, and I think we will pull this off. I am going to call him later tonight. Jim
          I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

I would like to extend my appreciation to Dave Arnold, Jim Sinclair, Frank McCarthy and Ed Koehler, who all went out of their way to make this happen.
            Is this a GREAT club or what?

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10,
            '51 Commander Starlight,
            '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks Brad, I just want to join in on the appreciation to all the guys who made it happen, particularly Dave for all of his help.
              Regards Brian.
              Brian Greenall
              Melbourne, OZ
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                Thanks Brad, I just want to join in on the appreciation to all the guys who made it happen, particularly Dave for all of his help.
                Regards Brian.
                Hey, not so quick with the appreciation. I have a bunch of good parts now and you're over in Oz. Come and get 'em if you want 'em. You know what they say about possession...

Comment

Yeah and a 64 Daytona Hardtop to cruise around in, I will be there in 12mths.
                  Brian Greenall
                  Melbourne, OZ
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by packardHawk58 View Post
                    Yeah and a 64 Daytona Hardtop to cruise around in, I will be there in 12mths.
                    They'll be sold by then. <G>

Comment

Working...
                    X