Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stripnzinc
    replied
    Ya txrebel ur right I'm going to stay away from this car. I have known about it for years now and had many chances to buy it but the lack of parts is kind of the deal breaker. I sent u a email on ur 53 by the way.

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    Good luck- though you will play hell finding the missing parts, it will be a much easier to build body than my cheep Starliner! You should be able to snag it for $4-5K if the lunatics don't get into a bidding frenzy on it.
    I have a friend here who is putting the final touches on a "factory" original a/c '58 Golden Hawk. I believe that the cars ordered w/ the a/c were shipped to the dealer before the a/c was installed.

Leave a comment:

• stripnzinc
    replied
    Originally posted by TX Rebel View Post
    That is probably Greg Ciuba's extra car. He sold his beautiful black restored car last year for big $.. Pack Hawks & 57-8 Golden Hawks all had s/c and, unlike R2 cars, were available with a/c; w/ p/s pump on back of generator.
    It is his car.. He used this one as a parts car for the one he sold.. I dont live but 45 miles away from him and am going to go and look at it.. I am going to do my best to buy it..

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by 289stude View Post
    Weren't all Packard Hawks Supercharged
    Maybe so~
    but I know of one up here in the Pacific NorthWest that isn't anymore.

You see~ it lost it's blower when the R1 / Powershift was installed!!!!

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    That's probably the sedan prototype. Doesn't appear as if it would fit under a Hawk hood.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• PlainBrownR2
    replied
    If it's any credit, I have some prototype engineering photos I bought years ago that came from the Engineering Department. One of them I have shows a proposed 57 Packard setup with the supercharger and AC:

The generator was moved to the driver's side, and the PS pump is right behind the generator. The air filter sits above or behind the compressor and is coupled to the supercharger which runs into a bonnet.

Leave a comment:

• ClaymoreWW
    replied
    I believe the auction states there is no motor in the car and a motor will be supplied from a donor car. Am I wrong?

--george

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Barry's right. I remember seeing a '58 Golden Hawk with AC, and thinking that the PS pump on the generator was a neat way to relocate it.

The Packard Hawk deck lid was nothing more than a '53 lid with that fake spare tire simulator (toilet seat).

Leave a comment:

• Gunslinger
    replied
    I don't think that's a correct trunk lid either.

Leave a comment:

• TX Rebel
    replied
    That is probably Greg Ciuba's extra car. He sold his beautiful black restored car last year for big $.. Pack Hawks & 57-8 Golden Hawks all had s/c and, unlike R2 cars, were available with a/c; w/ p/s pump on back of generator.

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Never having seen a documented factory-air '58 Packard Hawk, I can't say they did or didn't exist. However, that AC kluge job doesn't look very factory to my eye. Note the routing of the top radiator hose Also, without the supercharger, a 7.5 C.R. 2-bbl 289" would be a stone dog. I doubt it would make 200 hp.

jack vines

Leave a comment:

• 289stude
    started a topic Weren't all Packard Hawks Supercharged

Weren't all Packard Hawks Supercharged

This one is a TX car could it have been S.C. Delete Add air conditioning.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=120713233500
Working...
X