Measurement Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measurement Request

Could someone please give me the overall length and width of the Lark's 'VIII' emblem? Page 81 SI catalog, part 1332237W I am placing a SI order this week and don't want to order one if it won't fit in the space I'm planning to put it in. Thanks. Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

As the snow gone yet?
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Jeez Brian, don't get me started again. Right now it's -4 out, and has been snowing since 6:30am. I woke up at 6 and snuck off to the car wash to wash the pick-up. Left the car wash at 6:25, starts snowing like crazy at 6:30. By the time I get home the truck is dirty again (black paint). Lovin' every minute of it. Junior
      sigpic
      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks Junior
        This is just the amunition I need to take some shots at my other Car friends that live in Calgary!
        But I guess for now I have spent enough time here on my computer. Should get out and cut the grass before cleaning up the shop for tomorrows garage tour.
        Slippery
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Am bumping this because I have not received a measurement. Someone please go out to your Lark, and measure the VIII on the front corner of the fender. I need the height and length. Thanks so much. Junior
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Sorry, we are fresh out of USED '60-'61 Front Fenders with nameplates, will the one on the rear panel of a '59 help? Lol!

1 3/16" Tall and the top and bottom each measure 2 7/8" long, the top and bottom are offset of course, so the total length is 3 1/4" of the extreame ends of BOTH the top and the bottom.

Looks like none of your Canuck friends are any help, where's ART when ya need him! But us poor, broke U.S. people will come to your rescue!
            Today IS April 18, you know, it's IRS Tax Day over here.

Since you are not ordering this from us, the measuring/service fee is $5.00 Lol!
            Last edited by (S); 04-18-2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
              Looks like none of your Canuck friends are any help, where's ART when ya need him! But us poor, broke U.S. people will come to your rescue!

Since you are not ordering this from us the measuring/service fee is $5.00 Lol!
              Thanks, exactly what I need to know, and have no idea why it took so long for a response...usually someone on this forum responds to such a question quickly...didn't really think it was a tough request. Will go home tonight an see if this will fit in the 'hole' I want it to go. The length will be okay, the height is the one that has me concerned. I'm at a loss not knowing why I'm not ordering from you...are you a vendor?? Sorry for having to ask...rich Canuk (lol) looking to spend $$. Thanks again. Junior.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

PM sent, glad I could help.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                  didn't really think it was a tough request. Will go home tonight an see if this will fit in the 'hole' I want it to go.
                  It wouldn't be a tough request if you join your local Stude chapter and had our membership roster. You then could have called any one of us (toll free as its a local call), and have no problem for one of us going out to our garage to measure one!

Craig

Comment

Thanks, exactly what I need to know, and have no idea why it took so long for a response...usually someone on this forum responds to such a question quickly...didn't really think it was a tough request. Junior.
                    It's a very sad fact of life these days Junior. It seems to happen each and every Winter.
                    There are alot of helpful people who leave the Forum never to return or be heard from again...
                    StudeDave '57
                    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                    SDC Member since 1985

past President
                    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                    San Diego Chapter SDC
                    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                      It's a very sad fact of life these days Junior. It seems to happen each and every Winter.
                      There are alot of helpful people who leave the Forum never to return or be heard from again...
                      Hey, I was getting that feeling this past winter. Not about to speculate why, but I try to help others when I can, and have received tons of help and ideas from forum members. This place is a wealth of knowledge, and for the most part, is a friendly island in cyber-space. I will do my best to keep it that way. Regards, Junior.
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        It wouldn't be a tough request if you join your local Stude chapter and had our membership roster. You then could have called any one of us (toll free as its a local call), and have no problem for one of us going out to our garage to measure one!

Craig
                        I truly hope that you did not refrain from going to your garage and measuring one if you could have because I choose not to be a member of any local chapter...that would not be very Studebakerly. Respectfully, Junior.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I truly hope that you did not refrain from going to your garage and measuring one if you could have because I choose not to be a member of any local chapter...that would not be very Studebakerly. Respectfully, Junior.
                          No, I missed your post on that one. Otherwise I would have.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                          X