'16 Studebaker in WR 2011 - Pic in PJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '16 Studebaker in WR 2011 - Pic in PJ

On page one of the B section of today's Poughkeepsie Journal is a nice, large, color picture of a 1916 Studebaker speedster. It is one of the cars participating in the World Race 2011. This is a 23,500 mile journey. The cars were in Hyde Park, NY yesterday. If I knew then and not today, I would have been there. Hyde Park is only 15 miles from my home. The Studebaker is owned by Dennis Barfield and driven by Howard Streets, 62, of Charlestown, SC. Gary A. might be interested in this speedster. This picture, and I assume article, can be accessed at www.poughkeepsiejournal.com
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Here's the official link to the race ....

www.world-race.net
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

try this link: http://www.world-race.net/

and here is some small info:
      Team Studebaker
      1916 Studebaker Racer

U.S. - Schuster Class
      Howard Street - Dennis Barfield

and another pic:

--george
      Last edited by ClaymoreWW; 04-16-2011, 05:39 PM. Reason: 2nd photo

Comment

I saw that car in 2004 at the 1st Georgia State Meet. I seem to remember it being a 1916 frame, and at that time it had an early Big Six engine, the body was styled to mimic the 20's era Indy cars and was all hand formed. I think it was driven in the Great Race. Really cool car!
        Last edited by mbstude; 04-16-2011, 06:55 PM.

Comment

On or about 2004/05 one of the Studebaker race cars came thru Newnan, Ga. on one of the Interstate Battery tours and seems it was a dark color, maybe black and had a straight eight with multiple carburetors and the long header/exhaust pipe.. Of course, I realise that there were several of the originals built to run Indy..

Comment

Originally posted by benaslopoke View Post
            On or about 2004/05 one of the Studebaker race cars came thru Newnan, Ga. on one of the Interstate Battery tours and seems it was a dark color, maybe black and had a straight eight with multiple carburetors and the long header/exhaust pipe.. Of course, I realise that there were several of the originals built to run Indy..
            I was in Newnan just a couple of weeks ago.. Sure wish I had've seen an Indy car!!

Comment

Working...
            X