photo required.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photo required.

Could someone please provide a good clear photo of the c-pillar trim on a 53/54 c/k Studebaker that divides the roof color from the body color please. Could you also give and overall length of the piece please. Thanks, Junior.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

It's actually a Studebaker script item. Previous threads have even dealt with how the paint line angled up to the drip rail. Maybe someone here has quick access to those previous threads.
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3549354531_32e3129f13_b[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1667930Hi Junior
      Here are a couple of pictures that I have.
      BrianClick image for larger version

Name:	USAVacation2001_70[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	1667929
      Brian Woods
      woodysrods@shaw.ca
      1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The most recent thread on this I recall is this one:

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...865#post530865

The paint break line goes through the 3 peg holes for the script and then goes at a angle to meet the window trim perpendicularly right at the end of the script.

The red car in Brian's post is a '56 Hawk C body with different paint break than a '53 or '54. There are some '54 C with same or similar paint break and that stainless trim behind the rear window on the deck.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thank you....I was under the assumption that it was an aluminum plate with Studebaker stamped in it. I have no idea why I thought that. Regardless, can someone measure this c-pillar script's length and let me know please? Once again, this forum proves invaluble to my personal Stude pursuits. Thanks. Junior.
          sigpic
          1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

The script is a pot metal part with a gold tint to it and white lettering. The length is about 8-5/8" as seen here.

This is a original part. There are (or were?) repos avalable.
            Attached Files

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks Jeff, that's exactly what I needed to know! Junior.
              sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Studebaker International has them for $35.00 script part# 298675VP

Comment

I just went out to the garage when I got home and took these pix of the C pillar scripts on my car. These are reproductions I bought from Packard Farms back about 1994. The car has been repainted but I was careful to duplicate the paint line as it was originally. There are 3 pegs to hold these on and I used the original holes after drilling them a bit larger since the reproduction part pegs were a little bigger. The paint line goes right down the center of the row of holes and then angles up the window seam as you can see. The emblem is about 1-1/2" up to it bottom edge from the flat part of the body.
                  Attached Files

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks for the help guys...I was all pumped until I got home and re-measured. This script is exactly what I want but it won't fit. I need something like this that is less than 7" long. I will keep looking. Thanks so much for the time and trouble. Junior.
                    sigpic
                    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Maybe this guy can help

http://capturedlightning.com/frames/...ergallery.html

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
                        hey I have no idea where you dug this stuff up...think Smokey could have used this to create his 7/8 Chevelle??.

http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=h...D8zUiALY3u2XDw
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Working...
                        X