Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stude station wagons in new Hemmings Classic Cars...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stude station wagons in new Hemmings Classic Cars...

Just got the June issue of HCC. The cover story is "35 Fun to Drive Station Wagons That You Must Own". Included in the 35 are the 1959-'63 Lark and the '65-'66 Wagonaire. Why they ignored the '64 models I don't know...seems a natural that '64s should be included with the '59-'63, or all Wagonaires together, but they didn't ask me.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

No '64s?
    I've had several (Matchbox & Husky) wagons and loved them all! (Hope to have the full-size version as my next project!)

Comment

WOW, that was fast!!!! It seems like it was just last week (but more like three weeks now) that they asked me for some StudeWagon info. Unfortunately the email was sent the day before their 'extended once already' deadline- and it was sent to my Registry's addie- which I check maybe once every other week. My phone call was not returned.

Oh well- maybe the '58s will be in some future issue?
      That's the one they were asking me about.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have had 5 real ones and loved them all, although my last one I liked the best. Late model 1965 Daytona, V-8, PDB. It was a cream puff. ahhhh

Mark

Comment

What? No Conestogas?

Harumpffff!!!
          Pat Dilling
          Olivehurst, CA
          Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            Oh well- maybe the '58s will be in some future issue?
            That's the one they were asking me about.
            There is an article on a '58 Provincial Wagon as well...with a factory installed Silver Hawk 225hp 289 engine. Also in the magazine is a blurb about Silver's Auction in Reno which has a photo of a '58 Packard hardtop. There's also a photo of a '54 Stude Conestoga with ad description.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
              What? No Conestogas?

Harumpffff!!!
              There is a good looking "1955 Studebaker Conestoga Station Wagon" listed on Ebay April 13th.
              Sorry I don't know how to add a link to this post.
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Adding a link is easy Brian, all you do is place the cursor into the address box - right click, choose copy then create your post like this one and right click again "paste" then there you are. http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...s-Classic-Cars...

Cheers

John C. Am looking forward to meeting Ed Reynolds in Fremantle next week along with the other Americans who are attending our National Meet.
                John Clements
                Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Now I can't wait for my June Hemmings Classic Car, one of my favorite magazines (after TW). One of the things I love about Classic Cars is all the print they devote to the Independents. I think we can thank Pat Foster, in part, for that coverage.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                    What? No Conestogas?

Harumpffff!!!
                    Yes, just got mine and it's true, there is a 54 Conestoga in there. So you may rescind your harumph!
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Thanks Bob...you just took away my wise-crack too..!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X