Studebaker Vacation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Vacation

Went to my meeting of the Morning Maniacs this saturday..the Maniacs are a group of gearheads that appreciate classics, antiques, restomods, hot rods, anything interesting old or new. There was a restored Happy Home trailer there. The owner, Jim Lovell, asked if I would pull my Hawk up to look as if it was towing the trailer, and I said sure..he had piClick image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1495.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1733279cs of other vehicles, including a neat 1963 Ford Econoline pickup. Well long story short, my wife, Teresa, climbed behind the wheel, Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1494.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1733278and my daughter Grace and her BFF Cloey got in back, and here's the result..looks like they're heading out to find ricky and lucy..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1493.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1733277
    Last edited by Cash; 04-11-2011, 07:40 AM. Reason: Fat fingers and typos..:)

cool pictures, very nice Hawk.

Joe D.

Comment

That hawk and trailer would look good in front of my house.

Comment

Cash

You should buy the trailer it looks great behind the Hawk and the gals look awful happy "towing" it.

Bob

Comment

Very cool. They compliment each other very well!

Mark

Comment

I think it looks cool too, but the price of the trailer is a bit steep. Plus, we never go camping, so i really wouldn't have any use for it. But it would look cool pulling into a campground..

Comment

I had been thinking of getting a Boler or Trillium to tow with the Hawk or Lark. My reasoning was they are cool and light in weight, however hard to find and pricey. This trailer is also cool , maybe possible to find also. Anyone have any idea of how well they pull along?
              sigpicJohn Esmonde
              Holland Landing, Ontario
              Canada
              \'62 Hawk
              \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
              \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

Bolers are EXCELLENT! I bought mine in Smiths Falls ON and towed it home to PEI behind a completely clapped out 93 Corolla with 300,000+. That was the 108 hp model with an automatic slushbox, which likely only had about 75 hp left at best at that point. Even though the engine was in rough shape by that time, the Boler tracked steady and true, and I left it on cruise all the way through Quebec on Autoroute 20 at 110 kph. Only dropped the mileage 4 mpg. I met someone at a Bolerama that towed one with a Tercel! Hardly noticed I was towing anything--very light (760 pounds) but rock solid with a big steel frame for low centre of gravity and it runs on real car tires (13 inch) on a wide axle so there is no bobbling or sway. They are very aerodynamic too. They are an absolute joy to tow, and frankly there is nothing at all like them! As well, because they are insulated, they end up cooler than the tow car on a hot day, and in fact stayed cooler by a large amount. As far as towing, I have had nastier experiences with my little utility trailer which in spite of being mostly metal mesh has a much worse coefficient of drag. I sometimes almost forgot I had a trailer at all as far as the car handling went. I usually tow the Boler behind the 63 Wagonaire. Buy one, you will not regret it. Even a Lark flathead six wouldn't have any trouble towing it.

Be forewarned and aware that any other trailer, even an aluminum pop-top, is going to be about double that weight or more. The Happy Home weighs a lot more.

Mine is a "Swedish Egg" in bright blue and yellow. With the usual pastel two tones and rounded lines of Bolers, it would look particularly good behind a 59-63 Lark
                Last edited by Jim B PEI; 04-12-2011, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Jim You confirm what I suspected. Any chance you could post a picture? Time now to start a 'Boler' hunt. Thanks.
                  sigpicJohn Esmonde
                  Holland Landing, Ontario
                  Canada
                  \'62 Hawk
                  \'60 Lark Regal Convertible
                  \'30 Chev Coach

Comment

Working...
                  X