Odd wheels, crazy bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd wheels, crazy bumper

I have a lead on this 1970 Avanti II, but the rear bumper is really odd, as are the wheels.
    JDP Maryland

Wow. never saw that before. They even filled in the mounting holes in the body.

Comment

Is that a doctored photo or did someone go out of their way to make that bumper, ugly, useless and probably illegal because it covers the tag.

ErnieR

Comment

Originally posted by bige View Post
        Is that a doctored photo or did someone go out of their way to make that bumper, ugly, useless and probably illegal because it covers the tag.

ErnieR
        Nope, real picture and the owner had no idea it was incorrect when he bought the car. Here's the only other picture I have so far.
        JDP Maryland

Comment

Looks a little odd and worn. The car, that is.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

That's certainly one way to take an otherwise great auto design and uglify it. Well...beauty is in the eye of the beholder...someone must have liked it.
            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I wouldn't mind knowing the VIN of that car...just to see how close in sequence to my '70...RQB1574.
              Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                I wouldn't mind knowing the VIN of that car...just to see how close in sequence to my '70...RQB1574.
                I'll get the VIN when I see the car.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Wheels are much, much later aftermarket.
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

The wheels look to be 14" Enkie (not sure about spelling) or some of the look alikes that used to be out there

Comment

Can the bumper brackets on an Avanti be installed upside down?
                      "In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                        The wheels look to be 14" Enkie (not sure about spelling) or some of the look alikes that used to be out there
                        Would agree, many companys made knock-offs of Centerline Champ 500's, probably early to mid 80's.
                        sigpic
                        1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Junior
                          It seems you are always one step ahead of me ......must tbe the 1 hr time difference??
                          Yes they are early 80's Champ 500's. They where on almost every magazine care 1982-83.
                          Good Roads
                          Brian
                          Brian Woods
                          woodysrods@shaw.ca
                          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
                            Junior
                            It seems you are always one step ahead of me ......must tbe the 1 hr time difference??
                            Yes they are early 80's Champ 500's. They where on almost every magazine care 1982-83.
                            Good Roads
                            Brian

They were THE hot thing,OOO how I wanted a set.
                            Now ... not so much.

Comment

Various owners have had 41 years to come up with bright ideas. This one looks as well thought out as my 83 with the matching passe4nger-side "gunsight" to hide the car's add-on Paxton S/N2000. At least it appears that the bumper's chrome is in decent shape.

Comment

Working...
                              X