JTS Engine value ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTS Engine value ???

So, what is the going rate for a JTS engine these days? I have a friend who is thinking of sellling a running JTS engine with a 4 speed still attached. He needs a price. The last JTS I sold was some time ago. I am waiting to find out if it has the lower pulley, and water manifold. Thanks
    sals54

No takers, eh?
    sals54

Comment

I PM'd you sal.

Comment

Sal, I am approaching the end of the house addition project that was consuming most of my resources. I have at least a passing interest depending on price, condition and how complete. Still sorry I missed out on your R1.

Pat
        Pat Dilling
        Olivehurst, CA
        Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Sal,

I can't really help with a price; I think when it comes to R2 engines, it really comes down to how many of the pieces are still with the engine. To me, the key is the water manifold. Finding one of those is like finding a bucket of gold! After that, you have unique fuel pumps, pulleys, carb, distributer, oil pan, chrome valve covers etc. Like I said, the key is the water manifold - it took me years to find the unique Lark/Hawk style!

By the way, would be curious what the engine number is - my factory R2 Lark was sold new out west, and it's original engine is long gone...
          Eric DeRosa

\'49 2R-5 (original Survivor)
          \'63 R2 Lark (the money-pit-mobile)
          \'60 Lark Convertible (project in waiting)

Comment

THis one is missing the intake, carb, and water manifold. He wants $2500 for the lot.
            sals54

Comment

Working...
            X