56 Flight Hawk hardtop, #56G-K7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 56 Flight Hawk hardtop, #56G-K7

I recently purchased a canadian built one of these (maple leaf on the rt corner of the dash) & I've seen the production numbers showing 52 built for canda, 9 for the US + 499 for the export market. When I bought this last fall, the previous owner told me that according to the SDC, it was the only "acknowledged" one in north america still known to exist-Does anyone know of another one of these that might still be "out there"?? It would be fun to know if there was another survivor!

Flight Hawk Hardtop?

I don't think you could tell it from a Sky Hawk, without looking at the Trunklid nameplate or under the Hood! A Seven (7) is a pretty high trim level for a Six.

Comment

Did you purchase this particular example? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=flight

Here is the restored car in Alberta:

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 03-28-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Craig , this must be the car . It belonged to a long time Ontario member who lived north west of London On . Last time I seen that car was probably in the mid 90's and it needed alot of work .
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

That's the one!

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
          Did you purchase this particular example? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ghlight=flight

Craig
          I bought it from Tom Crouch from Ontario, he had a lot of history with the car that I got with the deal, it needs a major going-thru to make it roadworthy again. Just getting started on it this spring!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
            I bought it from Tom Crouch from Ontario, he had a lot of history with the car that I got with the deal, it needs a major going-thru to make it roadworthy again. Just getting started on it this spring!
            PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!! PUH....LEASE!! Let's see some picutures!

Craig
            Last edited by 8E45E; 03-28-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Jim , where are you located?
              sigpic

Comment

I wish ours looked this good......................

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post

Here is the restored car in Alberta:

Craig
                Nice to know there is another (even if it's in much nicer shape than ours)! the two-tone looks good on it!

Comment

Nice catch Jimmyg. A little Spray 9 will bring the WWs back.
                  Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thats not the car ...its black.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
                      Nice to know there is another (even if it's in much nicer shape than ours)! the two-tone looks good on it!
                      This car was originally Snowcap White/Sunglow Gold. The roof should be the same color as the hood & trunk to be authentic. The son of the older couple that restored it is now the owner of it, and is keeping it as a memory of his late parents. I don't believe he is truly an 'old car' person, but still intends to drive it in parades and other local events.

Craig

Comment

I hunted through my pictures and only came up with one that had this black hawk in it . I took the pic in June /88 and Bernice Crouch had driven it down to the Hamilton area for a tour we were having. I remember being surprised that she had driven the car that far ....she was elderly and it would of been about a 3 hr drive on busy hyways for her. Think that was the last time I seen the car.

Its beside the gold finned hawk , sorry 'bout the size.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                          Jim , where are you located?
                          we're located in Winona, Mn. 55987 I can be reached @ 507-454-3337

Comment

You R right Bob,the Crouch's car was black & a 6cyl.auto.Last time I saw it Bernice was driving it,I hear she has since passed on.The front fender air vents

were drawn in on the filler & the car had some frame rust issues,happy to know it is still "alive"

Comment

Oh , I see it has left the province......thought maybe it had remained locally ....guess not . Anyways hope you enjoy it Jim .....if you restore it post some pictures.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X