• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jimmyg
    replied
    56 Flight Hawk Hardtop

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!! PUH....LEASE!! Let's see some picutures!

Craig
    Hi, are you still interested in some pix of our 56 Flight Hawk Hardtop project car, I'm just getting it out of storage for the winter so that I can get started on it again. We have the 472 cadillac, turbo 400 & 59 ford 9" rear end installed, should be getting things hooked up & running this summer. It was a little tough for a top-notch restoration, but it should make a great driver this way

Leave a comment:

• jimmyg
    replied
    That webpage from the post here on the forum seems to be long expired, though I did the photos on the site you mentioned: http://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

It will be kind of a shame to see yet another Hawk with a non-Stude V8 under the hood, especially in a car so rare as this one! One can bet there's FAR more than 560 of C/K models running around with SBC engines!!

Craig
    I know it's upsettling to the traditionalists,, but I'm a hot-rodder at heart & the 472 Cadillac I picked up with 30k original miles is just begging to be transplanted into our Hawk. Modern drivetrain + local parts availability will make for a more affordable/reliable cruiser in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• JimK
    replied
    Just saw this older photo in a link from Curbside Classics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/channah...ol-1648121@N23

No idea if it is still around.

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    Nice car-wish it were mine!!! I like 'Westleys' white wall cleaner. Good for a lot more than just tires. A detailer I knew used it to clean engines,best job I've seen! Rinse it off of painted areas quickly though,or it will stain the paint.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
    I'm not sure of how to get pix on to these posts, but Bill Jackameit's Feb- 11 web page ran a little article on our car with some pix.....we're way down at the bottom of the article. Hope that works for you
    That webpage from the post here on the forum seems to be long expired, though I did the photos on the site you mentioned: http://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

It will be kind of a shame to see yet another Hawk with a non-Stude V8 under the hood, especially in a car so rare as this one! One can bet there's FAR more than 560 of C/K models running around with SBC engines!!

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 03-29-2011, 06:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bob40
    replied
    From another Minnesotan.Welcome! Lots of great SDC folks down your way.

Leave a comment:

• jimmyg
    replied
    PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES!! PUH....LEASE!! Let's see some picutures!

Craig
    I'm not sure of how to get pix on to these posts, but Bill Jackameit's Feb- 11 web page ran a little article on our car with some pix.....we're way down at the bottom of the article. Hope that works for you

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by (S) View Post
    But obviously 4286 is not that at all, since there were only 560 built, they must have been counting ALL 56K7's?
    That is ALL 1956 Studebakers of every model, trim level, and body style produced in Hamilton...period! They did not assign different sets of numbers to each model. Note the number is a streamer; not part of the tag itself.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• (S)
    replied
    4286?

Craig, what were the Hamiltonians counting? At South Bend if the Body # said 4286, that would be the actual sequential number of that exact body and Engine (Champion, Commander, President) type bodies that were built that year.

But obviously 4286 is not that at all, since there were only 560 built, they must have been counting ALL 56K7's? If so, that is LOT of Canadian Built Sky Hawks and Flight Hawk Hardtops!
    I don't think the BODY Number would concern itself with ALL of the Champions of all body types built that year.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Oh , I see it has left the province......thought maybe it had remained locally ....guess not . Anyways hope you enjoy it Jim .....if you restore it post some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• kmul221
    replied
    You R right Bob,the Crouch's car was black & a 6cyl.auto.Last time I saw it Bernice was driving it,I hear she has since passed on.The front fender air vents

were drawn in on the filler & the car had some frame rust issues,happy to know it is still "alive"

Leave a comment:

• jimmyg
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Jim , where are you located?
    we're located in Winona, Mn. 55987 I can be reached @ 507-454-3337

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    I hunted through my pictures and only came up with one that had this black hawk in it . I took the pic in June /88 and Bernice Crouch had driven it down to the Hamilton area for a tour we were having. I remember being surprised that she had driven the car that far ....she was elderly and it would of been about a 3 hr drive on busy hyways for her. Think that was the last time I seen the car.

Its beside the gold finned hawk , sorry 'bout the size.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmyg View Post
    Nice to know there is another (even if it's in much nicer shape than ours)! the two-tone looks good on it!
    This car was originally Snowcap White/Sunglow Gold. The roof should be the same color as the hood & trunk to be authentic. The son of the older couple that restored it is now the owner of it, and is keeping it as a memory of his late parents. I don't believe he is truly an 'old car' person, but still intends to drive it in parades and other local events.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Thats not the car ...its black.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X