This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 Daytona Skytop on Kijiji

Seen what looks like a factory skytop on Kijiji for sale in BC canada . Would be a nice car all rebuilt.
    http://bc.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-...AdIdZ268158529
    Love my Lark

Great, the guy found it rusting outside in someone's field with nothing left but the roll-top, drug it home for Free, and now wants $2000.00 for it when he discovered Skytops are rare?

Comment

Yes that is probably what happened . You can someone wrote "free" on the side of it . Wonder where all the fenders went ? lol
      Love my Lark

Comment

"Free" is cut off after the third letter. Maybe it actually says Fred, for Fred Sanford?

Comment

It could have been one of Glen Oosting's cars that is now up for sale. I believe he was from 100 Mile House.

Craig
          Last edited by 8E45E; 03-27-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

You could be right Craig . I thought he was in 150 mile house though. He rebuilt the carb on my 62 lark . I wonder what happened with his cars .
            Love my Lark

Comment

If it's a complete car like he says, and it's as solid as it appears, it's not a bad price. Pretty desirable car! If he got it free as it appears, probably $1000-1500 would buy it. Joe Barrier, don't look!
              Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
              Romans 15:13
              Deuteronomy 31:6
              Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The resale price for any item is based on its value, not its acquisition cost. If I bought a Picasso at a yard sale for $5.00 I don't have a moral responsibility to resell it for say 10 bucks. If this car was indeed free, someone took the trouble to see the potential to make a few bucks and haul it home. Trust me, if I found a free R3 engine, I'd still expect to ask the market value on resale.
                JDP Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by JDP View Post
                  The resale price for any item is based on its value, not its acquisition cost. If I bought a Picasso at a yard sale for $5.00 I don't have a moral responsibility to resell it for say 10 bucks. If this car was indeed free, someone took the trouble to see the potential to make a few bucks and haul it home. Trust me, if I found a free R3 engine, I'd still expect to ask the market value on resale.
                  Agree. Doesn't matter a bit.
                  Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                  Romans 15:13
                  Deuteronomy 31:6
                  Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Bob I did look.......no worries....I just cut a check this week for tuition payments on three kids (ouch). It will be a long while before I purchase anything more than a parts car. Plus with one skytop already in the shed waiting for restoration, it will be a while before she approves another one.....same goes for a Packard wagon. Take care

Comment

Dang JDP, you stole my thunder on that one. Just cuz I bought my 54 Coupe for $50 does not mean I'm willing to sell it off as cheaply. Of course, that was 40 years ago, but still accounting for inflation, I still would not sell it for that. Gimme a break. I think he has a great find and should reward himself, (monetarily) for the insight to drag it home... do some homework.... find its value..... then shop the market for a buyer. What the heck is wrong with that???
                      sals54

Comment

Maybe it says " Fred " not " Free " . . . ?
                        Last edited by aarrggh; 03-27-2011, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                          "Free" is cut off after the third letter. Maybe it actually says Fred, for Fred Sanford?
                          no, he's a "skynyrd" fan... says: "freebird"
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Craig: Not one of Glens cars. Glen lived in 150 Mile House,not 100 Mile house. I knew him well. No Sky Tops. Art

Comment

Originally posted by VAG88 View Post
                              Craig: Not one of Glens cars. Glen lived in 150 Mile House,not 100 Mile house. I knew him well. No Sky Tops. Art
                              Thanks for the update.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X