Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A pleasant memory from last spring ('62 Larks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A pleasant memory from last spring ('62 Larks)

Found this pic, and what with it having become winter again despite the official start of spring, thought I'd share it...from Stude Night at the Burlington Lions cruise last May (Wednesday 10th). This threesome of 1962 Larks parked together a handful of times last year at this cruise-in, but the weather on this particular date was gorgeous (somehow Barry outfoxed the cosmos...usually Stude Night gets rained on or at least clouded over!). I call the trio "Club 62". From left to right we have a Daytona 8 hardtop rod newly-fitted with a Skytop; a low-mileage Regal 8 4dr; and my cherished Deluxe 6 2dr.

Eventually I hope to get a photo set up on P'bucket from that cruise, as the Stude turnout was excellent.

S.

OK, got those pix up...here's the link:

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

S.

Comment

Wow!! Great pictures- Great show!! I especially liked the picture in #11. You dont realize the magnatude of change that the miricle workers of South Bend did untill you see those two next to each other. Hard to believe but true to see how Stude managed to change that same body in those years. Incredible.
      59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
      60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
      61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
      62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
      62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
      62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
      63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
      63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
      64 Zip Van
      66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
      66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Steve T!
        Nowhere near spring here BUT starting to thaw... car show is Easter weekend, time to shine up the six!

Comment

Some really great looking shots there!

Comment

Don't know why the 62 Larks are my favorites, but they are. Great shot!
            Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
            Romans 15:13
            Deuteronomy 31:6
            Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
              Don't know why the 62 Larks are my favorites, but they are. Great shot!
              'Probably because they are good cars, Bob. The only year the sturdiness of the thicker door frames was combined with the longer look of the "new" tail. I like '63s and '64s, of course, but a '62 has the potential to be a quieter, tighter car because of the door frames. BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the great pictures. If I ever get around to a Lark, I am going to
                remember "62" is the one I want.

Comment

Thanks for sharing those terrific pix. The '62s are beautiful, but I like all Larks, especially my '59 Lark Regal Hardtop.
                  Rog
                  '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                  Smithtown,NY
                  Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                  X