Spot the Stude, could be tricky.... Oops!! Spoke too soon, darn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot the Stude, could be tricky.... Oops!! Spoke too soon, darn

This photo seems appropriate today given the heavy fresh snow that came last night after freezing rain late yesterday. Took extra time to get to work due to bad roads. Mid 20s today with a low expected near 0F tonight. Colder through the weekend. The only good thing about it is perhaps will slow down spring flooding a bit, although it added to the water load.

Back to the photo. I "think" there are some studes in there but not 100% sure! What say?
    Last edited by Jeff_H; 03-24-2011, 07:05 PM. Reason: No studes :(

Jeff in ND

I see the Henry J on the left...not sure about Studes.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

That pic is too darned cold for me to even think about...
      Don't spoil my good mood, dangit!
      Jeff
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Looks like a couple at the right edge of he pic. inside the fence.

Comment

Ya and one looks to be a 52 hardtop,maybe the other's a 52 also ?
          Originally posted by Alan View Post
          Looks like a couple at the right edge of he pic. inside the fence.
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Definately a 52 hardtop and another unknown 52. I had missed the Henry J at first. Not many of those around either.
            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

I saw more than one instantly....but the Henry J was a great bonus feature.
              You can't anything under snow from us Canadians.
              Junior probably could have spotted these with another 2' of snow on them!
              Good Roads
              Brian
              Last edited by woodysrods; 03-24-2011, 10:22 AM.
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

As a 52 HT owner I have looked closely (200x) at the two on the right behind the fence a believe they are 52 Nash cars based on the bumpers and tail lights.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	1952-1954-nash-1952-statesman-custom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	1667746

Comment

As a 52 HT owner I have looked closely (200x) at the two on the right behind the fence a believe they are 52 Nash cars based on the bumpers and tail lights.
                  Ding, ding, ding!
                  We have a winnah!

(the snow makes the car look like a fastback - a cool idea!)
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Those two cars inside the fence are definately Nashes, but I wasn't sure of the year. I caught the Henry J right away. I couldn't detect any Studes though.
                    Rog
                    '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

I need new glasses, but could that Studebaker be a truck? I thought M series but its likely a Ford or something.

Comment

When I first saw this picture, I thought the 2 cars with snow on them behind the fence on the right could be '52 studes. As I looked again I did note the bumpers wrapped around the fenders unlike a stude so I had doubts.

The ID of those cars being Nash's was not something I would have thought of since I have seen so few of them. Here is a rear shot of a '52 Nash so I think that is correct:

What is the car behind the Nash's parked to the right of the Chevy?

Jeff in ND

Comment

OK, Jeff H, where do you think the Stoody's are? the ones behind the fence are Nash's. if your lead by the caps on the tail lights, take a second look at the bumper, Stoody never had such a wrap around, The follow on posting of the 52 Nash supports tis.

Comment

OK, Jeff H, where do you think the Stoody's are? the ones behind the fence are Nash's. if your lead by the caps on the tail lights, take a second look at the bumper,
                            Yup, per my second look and the other poster's cues, I no longer think those 2 cars on the right are '51-'52 studes as I first thought. Those were the only studes I thought I saw.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Wow; great old picture. That Henry J reminds me just a little of the current Dodge Charger side view. Give a young kid a picture of a old car, turn him loose on a 'puter and we have a "new" design auto for sale.

Comment

Working...
                              X