Your 54 Commander Hardtop dream car has arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your 54 Commander Hardtop dream car has arrived

This is the car you've been waiting for. A solid California, rust free Hardtop.
    So, here are some pix of the new 54 that I just got home today. Rust free, solid car and complete interior with no rips in the upholstery. The vinyl will need major conditioning, but will be useable as is for a driver. Only significant body damage is on the passenger side door. The doors open and close nicely, the windows go up and down well, and even the door flippers still work. The glass is good except the rear quarter windows. BB holes in each of them, but I just happen to have spare windows for them. The entire front group including the grill surrounds, bumper, hood are in great shape. No cracks in the grills, fenders have no bubbles, hood has a slight bend on one corner. V8 with automatic. Not running.... yet. The rear group is also nice. The trunk is not as bad as it looks in the picture. A slight bend in the corner, but is tweaked only due to a broken hinge. Rear bumper is nice, tail light housings are very nice. Some pitting in the pot metal, but actually has great curb appeal as is.

sals54

One reason I tend to like is '54's over a '53 is the better fit and finish. The hood fit on this one is a good example.

Craig

Comment

I can't wait to see how many times you'll have to scrub that interior. That is a typical barn car interior, parked and left to get filthy.
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Wow! That's a great find, anxious to see "after pics" when cleaning is completed. May be a night & day difference in appearance.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That was a sharp looking car when new, with the Red Body, Sand Beige Roof and matching All Vinyl Interior, very sharp! A bit unusual as well!

Comment

The underhood is still red. I was surprised at how clean it is under the hood. When the storm subsides i'll shoot a pic of the V8.
            sals54

Comment

Yup, that was the car I noticed AFTER I bought mine. There's always at least one. Glad to see someone here pick that up.
              Dave Nevin
              Corvallis, OR
              1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
              Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Here's the engine picture. Very complete and I'll find out if the engine turns over in the next couple of days. It's freezing today. I think it dipped down to 49 today. BRRRrrrrrrr. Where's my heavy coat?????
                Attached Files
                sals54

Comment

that sounds like a good candidate for the hand cleaner treatment on the vinyl. You might be surprised!

nate
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Lookie there, a JCPenney battery! How many decades has it been since JCPenney had an automotive department? Save the JCPenney decal and apply it to a new battery for show.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                      Here's the engine picture. Very complete and I'll find out if the engine turns over in the next couple of days. It's freezing today. I think it dipped down to 49 today. BRRRrrrrrrr. Where's my heavy coat?????
                      Very funny...today was the first day I actually worked in the garage without gloves, and with the garage door open since halloween. We got up to -2C which is about 29F. The '54 looks awesome, what a car to start with, will make someone a happy owner, perhaps they want to donate those grill shells and bars to me? LOL Junior
                      sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

We have a forum member interested in the car and he requested some detail pictures we would thought we should share. They are not all the typical pictures you might see, but give a idea about the important things. i.e., the rocker boxes, floors, pot metal and chrome. A experienced collector would see a diamond in the rough with the important bits in good shape. If he passes on the car, we'll do some work and keep the forum updated, but he has first dibs. Update : Just for grins, Sal grabbed the fan and gave it a tug, and the engine turned over freely. We could have a runner.

http://stude.com/detail.
                        Last edited by JDP; 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM.
                        JDP Maryland

Comment

Working...
                        X