Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raprice
    replied
    That's a very nice looking car. I wish you well with the sale. I, unfortunately, don't have the room for another car.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• JWW
    replied
    Thanks for the kind words about my Lark. It's one of my favorites and is one of the most comfortable and easy to drive of all my Studes. It is a six with an automatic and a 4:10 rear end, so it doesn't like to go fast, but with radials seems ok at up to 65 or so. It's a perfect parade car because it never overheats and "parades" at about the right speed on it's idle setting.

With first gear start it shifts twice in a very short distance on the level, but will move out rather quickly if you want to. Alas it doesn't have one more gear to shift into. No power steering or power brakes, no carpet, no radio, no outside mirrors from the factory. No seat belts either, 'tho the floors were drilled and threaded with rubber plugs installed.

I bought it in 1985 for $ 3500. The "little old lady" story. I took it for a test drive and turned the odometer over to 8001. It still had its original Firestone Deluxe Champion tires on it and the spare had never been used. I live in the country, but it lived in town and drove like it had never been on the highway. If I didn't check the speedometer frequently I was only doing about 35 to 40. It took awhile to get it to maintain about 50 driving down my country road.

It still wears the original paint which is very thin in spots, and has some scrapes and scratches most of which were on it when I bought it. It even has a couple paint runs in the door jams. It's also the only Stude I have that has no water leaks, but none of the glass has ever been out of the car either.

Today it has some 40,000 miles on it and has been driven as far west (from Pittsburgh) as Minneapolis to the International Meet. Its also been to Indy and has lapped the track there in an all Studebaker field, and to South Bend several times and has been on the track at the proving grounds. We've had fun together.
    It's a great driver!
    JWW
    Last edited by JWW; 03-19-2011, 03:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    John, I remember first seeing that car up at Autumn Leaf Festival at Clarion, before I had any idea who you were! I bet that was 20 (?) years ago...I remember being astounded at the low odometer reading! That is my very favorite '62 Studebaker color. For some reason, I remember a few '62 Larks around Greenville when I was a kid, but they were all that faded Nestle's Quik brown color!
    Last edited by Bill Pressler; 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Haven't seen that one yet, John. Looks like a very solid car. Bring it to Greenville this year, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by JWW View Post

It looks the same as mine, 'tho my is still "pristine" by comparison.
    JWW
    Pretty car, and thanks for confiming my guess that my decent interior is correct, if not pristine. BTW, you have a pretty little Lark there.

Leave a comment:

• JWW
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    Is that seat material the correct stock pattern?

It looks the same as mine, 'tho my is still "pristine" by comparison.
    JWW

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    OK. Good luck on the sale, Gramps!

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Well, if you aren't, then nobody is!
    Well, thanks, but when it comes to bread and butter sedans, I defer to others.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by JDP View Post
    I assume it is, but then, I'm no expert.
    Well, if you aren't, then nobody is!

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    I assume it is, but than, I'm no expert.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by Sdude View Post
    It's not too late for him to bring it on by. I'm sure there will be many there interested in looking it over. Me, for one.

I'll ask or he'll read this thread.

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    Originally posted by JDP View Post
    Too late, it's up. Maybe if it does not make reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290546719712
    It's not too late for him to bring it on by. I'm sure there will be many there interested in looking it over. Me, for one.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Originally posted by Sdude View Post
    Maybe Sal can bring it by the California Auto Museum this Sunday. Karel Staple Club is having a meeting there at 11am. Who knows, you might sell it there. Save you a listing if you do.
    Too late, it's up. Maybe if it does not make reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=290546719712

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    Maybe Sal can bring it by the California Auto Museum this Sunday. Karel Staple Club is having a meeting there at 11am. Who knows, you might sell it there. Save you a listing if you do.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X