replied
    Dave

That's me, say hi to your dad.

Doug

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
    The one I see looks like an Orange Empire SDC logo.
    You're right, Dave. Now I want one of those, too.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by barnlark View Post
    I see one member with the local chapter logo on his back. Any of those shirts for sale, Howard?
    The one I see looks like an Orange Empire SDC logo.
    Could that guy with his back to the camera be Doug?
    I know that is his '63/'66 in the picture.

Leave a comment:

• Warren Webb
    replied
    It was a great meet. Although I took my old digital camera I spent so much time talking that before I knew it I had to leave! Cant say enough praise for all that attended & the quality of the cars presented just seems to get better every year. My friend Stephen came with me to the meet & said he had a blast. Today we got his 60 Regal 4 door running down the road so I hope to convince him to take it to La Palma the end of may. Not for show, but just for the satisfaction of attending & participating.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Barnlark:
    Our chapter (Los Angeles) has red shirts with a small logo and member name on the front above the pocket. They are really nice "golf" shirts, but it sounds like that was not what you are referring to. Let me know (PM or email at brngarage@socal.rr.com) if you'd like to see a picture of our shirt.

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    That '50 convertible looks sweet. I see one member with the local chapter logo on his back. Any of those shirts for sale, Howard?

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Los Angeles Chapter Winter Meet

New pictures from the Winter Meet have been added. Make sure to scroll down and then look at page 2.

www.studebakersla.com
    Last edited by brngarage; 03-19-2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: website added

Leave a comment:

• barnlark
    replied
    Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
    it snowed once in '68 when i was in jr. high (for about 10 minutes)... the whole school left their classrooms and went outside...
    (lived in pomona)
    Snowed in Altadena at least five times when I was there during high school in the early Seventies, but I was on the last street above Lake, off of Chaney Trail about ele. 2000'. It was gone by noon, usually. Never did snow that I remember below Mt. Baldy much earlier in the Sixties around the orange groves of Claremont.

Bud, it either rains a bunch down there by the beach in Hawthorne, or up against the mountains where I was, but not too often in the middle! Sure do miss L.A. winter car shows and the winter-only, green hills...until about June. Thanks for sharing the fun and sparking some easy winter memories. I think I can smell the sage in the Arroyo.

Leave a comment:

• Bullet
    replied
    Most of them at the show were electric, although there were two gas powered ones. They were driving around in the afternoon. Alot of fun!

Mark

Leave a comment:

• studeclunker
    replied
    Actually, when I lived down there I looked forward to Winter! Summers were just... miserable.

Oh... that's what an Autoette is! Are they gas, like a Cushman?
    Last edited by studeclunker; 03-17-2011, 10:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    Mike:
    We missed you. See you next year.

Leave a comment:

• Pat Dilling
    replied
    You know it is Winter in LA when it is 20 degrees below................................................80 :-)

Leave a comment:

• Mike Van Veghten
    replied
    Hmmm...I knew I forgot something...!

Oh well...next year.

I'll at least go to La Palma

Mike

Leave a comment:

• JohnMSeymour
    replied
    I just want to say to everyone in the LA Chapter- Thanks for inviting our little cars. We had a blast!

John Seymour
    Studebaker and Autoette owner

Leave a comment:

• brngarage
    replied
    To see pictures of the Winter Meet go to www.studebakersla.com

Leave a comment:

Working...
X