Los Angeles Chapter Winter Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Chapter Winter Meet

Went to the L.A. Winter Meet last weekend at the Petersen Museum. They do a good job and have fun. This year they invited some autoettes (electric carts) and it really introduces something new. The weather was perfect, the cars were great the what can I say about the people.

About 45 cars with including the carts. Look up their website for pictures.

Do they have winter in L.A.?
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Originally posted by woodysrods View Post
      Do they have winter in L.A.? Brian
      Yes~ every few years, it does happen!!!

(LA born, and raised I am...)
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

We know it's winter in Southern California when the temperature drops to 45 deg and there is a chance of rain. Bud

Comment

it snowed once in '68 when i was in jr. high (for about 10 minutes)... the whole school left their classrooms and went outside...
          (lived in pomona)
          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

To see pictures of the Winter Meet go to www.studebakersla.com
            Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
            '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
            '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
            '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

I just want to say to everyone in the LA Chapter- Thanks for inviting our little cars. We had a blast!

John Seymour
              Studebaker and Autoette owner

Comment

Hmmm...I knew I forgot something...!

Oh well...next year.

I'll at least go to La Palma

Mike

Comment

You know it is Winter in LA when it is 20 degrees below................................................80 :-)
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Mike:
                    We missed you. See you next year.
                    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

Actually, when I lived down there I looked forward to Winter! Summers were just... miserable.

Oh... that's what an Autoette is! Are they gas, like a Cushman?
                      Last edited by studeclunker; 03-17-2011, 10:27 PM.
                      Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                      K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                      Ron Smith
                      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Most of them at the show were electric, although there were two gas powered ones. They were driving around in the afternoon. Alot of fun!

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                          it snowed once in '68 when i was in jr. high (for about 10 minutes)... the whole school left their classrooms and went outside...
                          (lived in pomona)
                          Snowed in Altadena at least five times when I was there during high school in the early Seventies, but I was on the last street above Lake, off of Chaney Trail about ele. 2000'. It was gone by noon, usually. Never did snow that I remember below Mt. Baldy much earlier in the Sixties around the orange groves of Claremont.

Bud, it either rains a bunch down there by the beach in Hawthorne, or up against the mountains where I was, but not too often in the middle! Sure do miss L.A. winter car shows and the winter-only, green hills...until about June. Thanks for sharing the fun and sparking some easy winter memories. I think I can smell the sage in the Arroyo.

Comment

Los Angeles Chapter Winter Meet

New pictures from the Winter Meet have been added. Make sure to scroll down and then look at page 2.

www.studebakersla.com
                            Last edited by brngarage; 03-19-2011, 12:34 PM. Reason: website added

Comment

That '50 convertible looks sweet. I see one member with the local chapter logo on his back. Any of those shirts for sale, Howard?

Comment

Working...
                              X