Engine is back in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine is back in

After 4 months the engine is back in the car. I hope to finish putting it back together this week and maybe try to start it next weekend.

Wayne
    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Engine looks great.....but why didn't you clean up the hole before you put it back in???
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I haven't even started cosmetic work yet. My plan is to get it running again and drive it a little to make sure everything is in good mechanical condition. Once I am satisfied with that I will start stripping the car. I'll replace the floor pans while it is still on the frame. Once those are done the body will come off and I'll do all the cosmetic stuff to the frame and body while they are apart.

I know this seems like an odd way of doing things, but there is a reason for the madness. I have never done a complete frame off before. I have done rust repair, painting, and interior on my Mustang. The mechanical stuff is the new stuff for me. So I want to make sure I did that right before I get everything all pretty and painted. I would hate to get it all back together, then find out the engine won't start or trans won't shift, etc.
      Wayne

sigpic

Comment

drive it......we all know what "gets in the way" of a total restore....enjoy it and pick away at it....go to shows and meets (just like the old days) and generate some goo d memories

Comment

For me the memories will come from working on the car with my Dad. He always loved the Hawk but never had one. So I found this one and stopped work on my mustang to work on this while my Dad was still able. He is a lot like me in that he enjoys working on something more than having it once it is done.

So this is how we spend Saturdays now.
          Wayne

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations. The photo brings back sweet memories. Mine is all pretty now and it burns me to have to take things apart, again, but as we drive we find things out. I have a stack of new parts ready to go on it when she comes out of storage in two weeks
            Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Good times

More power to you Wayne, patina is nice, but doing something like this with your dad is priceless. You'll both have great memories.

Comment

Working...
              X